Yokohama National University, with a grant funded by the Government of Japan and administered by the World Bank under the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP), is now seeking prospective students for its inter-faculty Master's Degree Program in Infrastructure Management (IMP). The program, which will begin in October 2021, is specifically designed for training infrastructure policy planners from World Bank member countries which are currently eligible to borrow.
Interested persons should apply for admission to the Graduate School of Urban Innovation (GSUI), Yokohama National University through the online system by 2 March 2021 and send printed document by 10 March 2021. After screening the records of qualified candidates, the GSUI Selection Committee will select specific number of nominees for admission to the program. The nominees should apply for final screening by the Word Bank ("Scholarship Application") and several final passers will be accepted as IMP students and receive World Bank scholarships. Successful candidates will receive notification to that effect before July 2021 at the latest.
In applying for admission to the program, applicants should note that the IMP is oriented to training government officials with present or future management responsibility and an academic background in the field of engineering. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships are allocated to the YNU program by the World Bank. Each scholarship provides
- a monthly allowance (most probably JPY150, 000 - JPY 170, 000) and
- a round-trip air ticket to Japan plus a travel allowance.
- The scholarship also covers tuition fees, the entrance examination fee, the admission fee, and the insurance.
- Citizens of low and middle income World Bank member countries are eligible for the scholarships. Applicants must have at least three years of practical experience involving responsibility for infrastructure development and must also intend to pursue a career in the field of development.
- Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before the Scholarship Application Deadline;
- Be employed in a paid and fulltime position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank's "Harmonized List of Fragile Situations"; and
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of recent fulltime paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in the applicant's home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country in the World Bank's list of Fragile and Conflict States. at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be fulltime or paid.
- •Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term "close relative" defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
When applying, applicants must submit the following documents to the Infrastructure Management Program Office, Graduate School of Urban Innovation through the online system:
- Completed application form;
- Official transcripts showing the applicant's academic performance in his or her undergraduate program;
- Certification of Graduation or Copies of Diploma which should be including the title of Bachelor;
- Names and contact information of the recommenders;
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of English competence; and
- Research Plan (within 5 pages, including the abstract
Infrastructure Management Program
Graduate School of Urban Innovation
Yokohama National University
Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama 240-8501
Applicants must apply through the online system first HERE. Handwritten applications or applications only sent by post will not be accepted.
- Please do not send applications by fax or e-mail.
- Recommenders must use the forms provided by us for the 2021-2023 program.
- Please do not contact advisors for any questions.
- Completed applications and supplementary materials cannot be returned.
02 March 2021