One Young World is delighted to offer this scholarship in partnership with the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust to connect young leaders driving positive social impact in the Commonwealth with the opportunity to attend One Young World conference in 2019.
The Scholarship in particular seeks to support young leaders who are active in one of the following areas:
- Achieving change through sport
- Preserving and protecting the environment
- Creating healthier communities
- Increasing access to quality education
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2019.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 - 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change in at least one of the following areas:
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Antigua and Barbuda||Australia||Bangladesh||Barbados|
|Jamaica||Kenya||Kingdom of eSwatini||Kiribati|
|New Zealand||Nigeria||Pakistan||Papua New Guinea|
|Rwanda||Saint Kitts and Nevis||Saint Lucia||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Solomon Islands||South Africa||Sri Lanka||The Bahamas|
|The Gambia||Tonga||Trinidad and Tobago||Tuvalu|
|Uganda||United Kingdom||United Republic of Tanzania||Vanuatu|
The selection process:The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
- We cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the selection process.
- We do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
How to Apply:
Please visit HERE for applying
05 May 2019