“Ship for World Youth” is a leadership training program organized by Cabinet Office, Government of Japan, which accommodates 240 youths (Age range: 18 to 30) from 11 different countries including Japan. Having participants from every corner of the world, this unique inter-cultural program aims to develop their leadership skills and encourage them to contribute to the betterment of the world. The program offer a various training such as academic discussion, cultural exchange events, and participants-led activities, which strengthen human network beyond national borders and cultivate cross cultural communication skills. The program recruits 7 facilitators who take charge of Course Discussion, the academic learning activity.
During onshore and onboard training period, participants are divided into 7 different thematic groups and engage in academic discussion. Each discussion group consists of approximately 40 participants and 1 facilitator, who coordinates teaching/learning activities that focus on course theme. Course Discussion is a series of 5 sessions. Duration of one session is 150 minutes including break time. Through the lens of discussion theme, participants will deepen their understanding on issues of their home country as well as global society, and develop their leadership skills to change the world to be a better place. Being exposed to diverse cultural backgrounds of fellow participants, Course Discussion also aims to cultivate their communication skills and a spirit of mutual understanding.
For the Course Discussion in the next Ship for World Youth program, 7 themes will be selected from the following category A to L. To apply for facilitator position, please choose your specialized area from A to L and fill out the application form that indicates your course tittle and course outline (syllabus).
- Olympic and Paralympic game – “Positive legacy” for future-
- Human Rights/Equality and Inclusion
- Environment/Climate Change
- Social Welfare/Health
- Information and Media
- Eradication of Hunger and Poverty
- Sustainable Urban Design/Community Development
- International Cooperation/Conflict Prevention and Resolution
- Suggested topic other than listed above
- Round-trip economy class airfare from the designated airport to Tokyo for the dates shown on number 4. (Just for facilitators who live abroad)
- Expense for accommodation and meal for the dates shown on number 4.
- Honorarium for the dates shown on number 4. (Last year’s record: 13,700 JPY (including tax) per day)
- Travel insurance during the Onshore Training Session and Onboard Training Session, from January 12th to February 21st of 2020.
- Strong command of the English language to facilitate the discussion (reference level: TOEFL（iBT）86, IELTS 6.5, or equal ability)
- Knowledge on the theme of discussion and ability to facilitate the discussion
- Must be able to attend on all dates shown on number 4．(Including the dates of arrival and return for facilitators living abroad)
- Must be in good health (Onboard the ship, the medical treatment available is very limited. Therefore those who have anamnesis or chronic disease, are requested to submit the medical history after consulting the doctor. Also due to the absence of emergency medical care and emergency measure, pregnant ladies are not allowed to participate in this program.)
- 1 Application Form (Download from here) / You can apply to maximum 2 themes. (Just one application form and reference letter is needed to be submit)
- 1 Reference Letter（Free format）
Please submit all documents in PDF format
How to Apply:
Please apply via email including the points bellow
Email address: email@example.com* Make sure to attach all the documents necessary.
Subject: Apply for facilitator of Ship for World Youth Program
02 August 2019