Experience Korea this coming winter with the AYFN’s Korea Cultural Camp Program. This program is open to students/youth and learners desiring a short-term immersion program in Korean language and Korean culture. Prior knowledge of English is not required for students to participate in this program.
With the goal of increasing foreign students’ understanding of The Republic of South Korea, The AYFN Exchange Academy and local NGO are offering an invaluable Korean learning cultural immersion program. The program combines Korean language training with daily activities and cultural excursions to enhance the Korean experience. It’s open to international students with any level of Korean language ability
This entails a program which is specifically designed to offer Korean classes for students/youth from ages 15-35, as well as a chance for these students to gain a cultural understanding of Korea. This will be done through both visiting famous Seoul attractions and partaking in typical cultural activities such as experiencing Korean tradition, making your own Korean dumplings or learning about traditional Korean Calligraphy.
Our aim is to inspire the students to open their minds to other cultures and recognize the importance of language learning at the same time. We want the students to end their trip by leaving with a better knowledge of Korea and a firm basis of the Korea language.
- Live for 6 days in Seoul, Korea
- Korean language class
- Learn and understand Korean culture directly
- Heritage walking tour around Seoul
- Experience to be like local people by experiencing the local traditions
- Experimental learning
- E-certificate of participation from AYFN
- Korean language learning:
We offer classes for beginners. Participants can start learning from Korean basics, including self-introduction, greetings, listening, and basic conversations. The classes will promote interactive learning. Furthermore, the participants will have opportunities to interact with local people to practice daily conversations.
- Korean culture learning:
Participants will have a chance to experience the culture by joining cultural activities such as wear Hanbook, eating kimchi , Korea’s dumpling, etc. In addition, participants will also visit places in Seoul where they can experience and learn about history, culture and society of Korea. Seoul tour includes Gyeongbokgung palace, Bukchon Village, etc.
- One of the AYFN’s strength is to provide high quality placement program, but still in an affordable range of fee. To join Korea Cultural Camp (6 Days program), participants must pay:
- Free of charge (Limited offer). AYFN will waive the program fee and give travel grant for successful candidates. The travel grant amount may vary for each candidates, maximum USD 250. There is selection process to get this opportunity. AYFN will select the candidates based on merit.
- USD 550 (Member of AYFN and Alumni of AYFN programs)
- USD 650 (Non-member of AYFN)
Note: For group application, please contact us to get group rate and group registration procedure. Get discount up to USD 50/person if you register as a group (Min 3 persons).
- Airport pick up (Incheon International Airport) by public bus
- Accommodation (6D5N) at 3 star hotel (twin or triple sharing)
- T Money for Local Transport (KRW 40,000)
- All activities indicated on schedule (Korean language and culture, cultural tour, Adventure tour to Nami island)
- Admission tickets to tourism places indicated on the schedule
- 24/7 volunteer support and In-country administration costs.
- E-certificate of participation from AYFN
- Program supervision
- Meals (5x Light Breakfast, 4x Lunch, 1xDinner)
- International Flight to and from Incheon (Seoul) – South Korea
- Korea Visa
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Requirement:The participants of Winter Korea Cultural Camp should meet the criteria as follow:
- Must be 15 – 35 years old and interested in Korean language and culture.
- Youth from all nationalities
- Commit to join full program
- Able to adapt new environment easily
- Able to pay the program fee
- Health physically and mentally
How to Apply:
We offer two schemes of registration:
- FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION – Selection
- Step 1 : Pay the non refundable registration and selection fee in amount of USD 10 (Member of AYFN/Alumni) and USD 20 (Non member).
- For Indonesian, you can pay in Rupiah. Kindly click here to pay (Rp 125.000,- for member/alumni and Rp 200.000,- for non member.
- Step 2 : Please fill the application form here
- Step 3 : Announcement phase 1
- Deadline of Application : 1 October 2019 (wave 1)
- FOR REGULAR APPLICATION – NO SELECTION
- Pay the nonrefundable registration fee in amount of USD 15, click here to pay. (You need to upload the payment slip to continue registering online).
- Please REGISTER ONLINE HERE
- Pay the down payment (commitment fee) in amount of USD 100 to book and reserve slot. CLICK HERE to pay.
- This program is LIMITED for maximum 15 participants only.
- First come, first serviced basis. The registration will be closed if the quota is over.
01 October 2019 (wave 1)