The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives:
- Making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
- Facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals
Winter: January to March (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter) Spring: April to June (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter) Summer: July to September (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter)
- Fall: October to December (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter)
Please note that internships at UN Headquarters are unpaid. Interns must therefore be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
DutiesDepending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics;
- Support the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Handle email and other inquiries;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
How to Apply:
Those interested in pursuing an internship with the UN Global Compact must submit an online application at the UN Careers website.
Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field, and “New York” under the Duty Station field. Click on the Search button. This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number.
The Global Compact Internship Job Opening Numbers are:
- JO 116057: internship with the Communications and Events team
- JO 116060: internship with the Outreach and Participant Relations team
- JO 116061: internship with the Programmes team
- JO 116063: internship with the Chief of Staff team
- JO 116065: internship with the Global Operations team
- JO 118528: internship with the Intergovernmental Relations & Africa team
16 August 2019