This seminar is co-organized by the Graduate School of Energy Science (GSES) of Kyoto Universityand the ASEAN University Network-Kyoto University Student Mobility Program toward Human Security Development.
It is designed for undergraduate students to study the concept of Human Security Development (HSD) and Energy Science. The main theme of this seminar is energy science, which is an important issue forHSD. The participating students are expected to deepen their knowledge on HSD and energy science with the prospect of finding solutions to technological, socio-economic and political issues, focusing on the Asian region. The seminar will offer lectures and class discussions as well as organized field trips and cultural events. Applicants are not limited to engineering, economics, or science - all fields are welcome
- Applicants must beundergraduate students from ASEAN University Network (AUN) member universities at the time of the seminar.Note: The students who will leave their universities before the date of this seminar cannot apply.
- Applicants are required to have a consistently good academic record in the previous academic year and a good command of English.
- Applicants must be in a good health.
- Successful applicants must attend all the classes and events in the seminar. (Not allowed to participate if you arrive late or leave before the end of the seminar.)
- There is no limitation on applicants’ fields of study or age.
- Number of students to be admitted: 25
List of AUN member universities
- Brunei Darussalam
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Royal University of Phnom Penh;
- Royal University of Law and Economics
- Universitas Indonesia;
- Gadjah Mada University;
- Institute Teknologi Bandung;
- Universitas Airlangga
- National University of Laos
- Universiti Sains Malaysia;
- Universityof Malaya;
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia;
- Universiti Putra Malaysia;
- Universiti Utara Malaysia
- Yangon Institute of Economics;
- University of Yangon;
- University of Mandalay
- University of the Philippines;
- De La Salle University;
- Ateneo de Manila University
- National University of Singapore;
- Nanyang Technologycal University;
- Singapore Management University
- Chulalonkorn University;
- Mahidol University;
- Chiang Mai University;
- Prince of Songkla University;
- Burapha University
- Vietnam National University, Hanoi;
- Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City;
- Can Tho University
- Participation fee: JPY 10,000 This fee includes field studies, and other necessary expenses during the seminar. All participants should pay this fee in cash in JPY on the first day of the seminar.
- Participants are also required to organize and pay the following costs:
- A round-trip flight ticket
- Travel expenses between the airport (e.g. Kansai International Airport, Osaka International Airport (Itami)) and Kyoto.
- Fees related to visa applications
- Travel insurance
- Cost of meals
- Kyoto University will reserve a hotel for all participants. (Accommodation costs are covered by the program)
- The 15 applicants as selected by the program committee will be eligible for a scholarship from JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization).
- The amount of this scholarship is JPY 80,000 per person (tentative).
How to Apply:
Applicants must fill in and submit the following documents honestly, correctly and completely.
- Application form (Form 1)
- Statement of purpose (Form 2)
- Academic transcripts
- Language proficiency supporting documents: it is preferable to submit language proficiency supporting documents such as scores of TOEFL/IELTS/other English tests (a table of score comparison with TOEFL must be attached), academic transcript of English language classes, list of research achievement conducted in English, certificate of international exchange program, and certificate issued by home university which certifies that the medium of instruction is English.
- Photocopy of passportSend scanned files by e-mail and keep the original copies.
- If original copies of transcripts are written in languages other than English, notarized English translations must be attached
Submission of applications
ASEAN University Network
Pasita Marukee (Ms.)
Room 210 Jamjuree 1 Building,
Phayathai Road, Pathumwan,
Bangkok 10330 THAILAND
Tel: +66 2 2153640 Fax: +66 2 2158808
14 September 2019