Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a cross-border exchange programme which gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other Participating Countries. The exchange of experience takes place during a stay with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small firm. The host benefits from fresh perspectives on his/her business and gets the opportunities to cooperate with foreign partners or learn about new markets.
- Active participation in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme offers aspiring entrepreneurs access to a wide range of benefits to help successfully run or start a new business:
- Up to six months stay with an experienced entrepreneur in another Participating Country to gain first-hand knowledge about business start-up in a wide range of areas such as: marketing/sales, financial accounting, customer relations, business finance etc. You will also have the opportunity to improve your business plan, as well as:
- Building self-confidence and skills: sector-specific knowledge or know-how, technical and management skills
- Opportunities for collaboration with other entrepreneurs and the development of cross-border business co-operation
- Networking and building of strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad
- Insights into different cultural and organisational settings and how companies function in another Participating Country;
- Insights into the business environment of another Participating Country
- Improved language skills
- Open to new entrepreneurs, firmly planning to set up their own business or have already started one within the last three years and experienced entrepreneurs who own or manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise in one of the Participating Countries
- Be over 18 years old;
- Be a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries: European Member States, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Kos
How to Apply:Main steps to follow to participate in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme
- Prepare your application documents: CV, motivation and, in addition for the new entrepreneurs, a business plan;
- Register via the online form (link) and submit your CV and business plan (for new entrepreneurs only);
- Once accepted, build a relationship with a new or host entrepreneur abroad (two options):
- a) You suggest to your local contact point a new or host entrepreneur with whom you are already in contact , or
- b) You look for a new or host entrepreneur in the online catalogue with the help of your local contact point.
- Note that note that an exchange might not be considered as eligible is if is not in line with the programmes' eligibility criteria for an exchange.
- Reach an agreement with your new or host entrepreneur about the work and learning project (i.e. about the dates, objectives and activity plan of the exchange) and submit the details to your local contact point.
It is important to keep in mind that the programme does not support internships or work placements- only entrepreneurial collaborations between to the individual entrepreneurs.
- Signature of Commitment to Quality: A Commitment to Quality should be digitally signed in the IT Tool by all partners involved in the relationship. As a new entrepreneur, you should equally conclude the financial agreement with your local contact point;
- Start of the stay abroad: The duration of the exchange may be from 1 to 6 months with the possibility of dividing the stay into weekly slots (providing the time span does not exceed a total of 12 months);
- The financial assistance to the new entrepreneur will be provided in several payments, according to the agreement signed with his/her local contact point.
31 December 2019