Join us in Ghana in August 2020 for a week of expert lectures by local and international speakers, social events, engaging and challenging group project work and networking opportunities.
By participating in the Summer School you will have the chance to immerse yourself in Ghanaian culture and history, and explore key locations with field trips related to the theme.
The Summer School programme has been developed by senior University of Cape Coast subject specialists. It's a small and friendly event which is capped at 40 participants.
Students often tell us they find participating in the Summer School to be a life-changing event. You can watch the video from Summer School 2019 below.
- A limited number of bursaries are available for students from member universities. In order to apply for a bursary please complete the standard application form. There is an extra section of the form specifically for bursary applicants.
- You should only apply for a bursary if you;
- a) are a student at an ACU member university;
- b) would otherwise be unable to attend the Summer School for financial reasons and;
- c) have never previously travelled outside your home region. The eligibility criteria about previous travel does not apply to Ghanaian students applying for bursaries.
- International bursaries cover return flights from your home country, plus full Summer School participation including field trips, guest house accommodation, most meals & airport pick-ups. Local bursaries for Ghanaian participants cover full Summer School participation including field trips, most meals, and guest house accommodation if required.
- Bursaries do not include the cost of visas and vaccinations.
- The summer school is open to both current postgraduate (Master’s and PhD) and final-year undergraduate students at both ACU member universities and non-member universities in Commonwealth countries
- The event is multi-disciplinary: it is appropriate both for those studying fields related to migration, and students from other fields who are interested in how they can apply their discipline to the theme.
- Students who have previously attended an ACU Summer School are not eligible to apply.
Note: If You will not be selected for Full Funding, You can still Join by Self Funding.
How To Apply:
- Complete the online application form
- Applications close at 23:59 GMT on Sunday 12 January 2020. Applicants will be contacted by the end of March.
- As part of the form, students are asked to attach an academic reference and complete a number of short supporting statements.
12 January 2020