GREAT 2020 scholarships, offered in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, are exclusively for students domiciled in India, Indonesia and Malaysia starting a full-time postgraduate taught course in 2020–21.
Scholarships are awarded to students domiciled in India, Indonesia and Malaysia who can demonstrate excellent academic achievement. Applicants also need to describe how they will stand out from the crowd as an ambassador for Sheffield Hallam University, the GREAT campaign and UK Higher Education during and after their studies.
We are now accepting GREAT 2020 scholarship applications for courses starting in September 2020. The closing date for applications is 15 May 2020.
The scholarships provide a £10,000 tuition fee waiver for the first year of study on postgraduate taught courses.
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must
- be an international fee paying student domiciled in India, Indonesia or Malaysia
- have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the English and academic entry requirements for your course
- have accepted an offer for a full-time taught postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University
- be fully self-funding your studies. Please see our frequently asked questions if you are unsure if this applies to you
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips and tuition fees for subsequent years of study
- not have already started the course for which you are applying for a scholarship. See our frequently asked questions for more details
- Additional terms and conditions apply and can be found on the British Council website.
You are not eligible to apply if you
- are not domiciled in India, Indonesia or Malaysia
- are receiving full or partial funding for your studies from a sponsor or other scholarship provider
- are applying to study a Sheffield Hallam course at a partner institution outside the UK
- For more information Please visit the British Council website.
How to Apply:
To apply for a GREAT 2020 scholarship for September 2020, please follow these steps
- Apply for a course at Sheffield Hallam. If you have not applied for a course, please visit our online prospectus
- Check you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria listed below
- When you have accepted an offer to study on a course here, apply for a scholarship online using the link below by the closing date of 15 May 2020
- Scholarship application form
- Send your academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 May 2020
- You will be notified if you have been successful within one month of the deadline. All decisions are at the University's discretion and are final
15 May 2020