Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is now calling for Applications for its 2020 International Fellowships.
Objective of this Program
To allow promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan.
The program will allow maximum of 2 recipients, each winning between Yen 500,000 and up to Yen 1,000,000 to support transportation to and from Japan and cost for her stay in Japan.
- Applicants must be of non-Japanese women in the age below 45.
- Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
- Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research.
- Applicants should be currently working outside academia or be a researcher or student higher than MA or its equivalent level.
- The postdoctoral researchers will be placed lower in priority
- The candidates are required to find the host university or institution by themselves.
- The grant will be offered for 5 to 6 months between Ovtober 2020 and March 2021, depending on their proposal.
- The successful candidates should be engaged in the proposed study/research, submit a report of 500 to 700 word at the end of the funding period, and make a presentation of the above report.
- The applicants for JAUW International Fellowship Program, 2020 should submit 5 copies of each part 1 and part 2 of the application form.
- Three recommendation letters should be submitted by the candidates.
- An acceptance letter from the host supervisor should be submitted.
- The candidates should also submit a medical certificate and a 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm photo on part 1 of the application form.
- The applicants should also submit a research proposal explaining why they have come to stay in Japan and how will they contribute to their home country.
To apply, you have to use the designated forms, downloadable from here :
- 2020 Personal Registration Information (Electric Data Format), (pdf) &word (docx)
- 2020 Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data), (pdf) &word (docx)
- 2020 Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data), (pdf) & word (docx)
- 2020 Form of a Letter of Acceptance (pdf) & word (docx)
- (Be sure to ask your host professor etc. to use this form when writing a Letter of Acceptance. Other forms shall not be accepted.)
- 2020 Form of Certificate of Health, (pdf)
How to Apply:
For details of this program, please see the INSTRUCTIONS, which is downloadable from HERE
31 March 2020
31 March 2020