The American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) is offering Fulbright Master’s Degree Scholarship for those who hold a bachelor’s degree (S1). Indonesian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) is the binational Fulbright Commission for Indonesia. For twenty-five years we have carried forward the vision and mission of the Fulbright program in Indonesia, which in 2017 celebrated its 65th anniversary. AMINEF’s many programs for educational exchange have increased mutual understanding between the United States and Indonesia and strengthened the ties that unite our two countries.
In order to be eligible applicants must be proficient in English.
The grant funds :
- tuition fees,
- round-trip airfare,
- settling-in allowance,
- book allowance,
- computer allowance,
- J-1 visa application fees (for scholarship recipient) and J-2 visa application fees (for dependents), excess baggage allowance (upon the completion of the program),
- hotel allowance (upon the completion of the program),
- monthly living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses, and
- Fulbright health benefit (ASPE).
- Fulbright awards enable grantees to live at the same standard as most American graduate students.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (S1)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.00 scale)
- Have a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 550 or IELTS equivalent
The applicants should:
- Be an Indonesian citizen and not a permanent resident of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically accomplish full-time graduate study or conduct research in the US
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to return to Indonesia upon completion of the Fulbright scholarship program
- Be willing to work for at least five years before retirement upon the completion of the scholarship program
- An employee, close family member of an employee, or dependent of an employee of AMINEF, the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Currently pursuing another degree
- Receiving another scholarship at the time of the application
- Pursuing another similar program for a double degree
- Completed application form, including one-page study objective, one-page personal statement, bibliography of your written published work, and an academic writing sample
- Copy of most recent (less than two years old) TOEFL ITP or IELTS scores
- Two letters of reference, either from an employer or a university lecturer
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
- Curriculum vitae
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms, which can be downloaded by clicking the link below, and submit them and the above-listed supporting documents in hard copy to AMINEF via mail or drop them off in person before the application deadline to the following address:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel : (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: email@example.com
*The exact deadlines every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to the next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.