This scholarship program is managed and organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research based on the regulations that apply in Romania in the field of education.
This scholarship program is an official program of the Romanian Government
The scholarship consists of:
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support - a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to personally support any other additional expenses.
- Indonesian citizen
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited / recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the "Good" score, as the case.
- The applicant for the scholarship is not, until 31 December of the year in which he / she was nominated, more than 35 years of age - for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively - for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies.
- Copy of ID card
- Photocopy of Certificate of Senior High Schoolthat has been legalized in English
- Photocopy of legalized birth certificate in English
- 2 pieces of recent passport size photos
- Photocopy of another value transcript
- Photocopy of the first 3 (three) pages on the passport.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- A health certificate stating that the candidate does not have an infectious disease or other disease which might hamper the study concerned
- Cover Letter issued by Romanian diplomatic representatives or the Indonesian Embassy in Bucharest.
- Scholarship application form from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania ( download.docx )
- Application form for issuing Acceptance Letters from the Ministry of Education and Culture of Romania ( Download.doc ). The Acceptance Letter is required for registration at the University and submission of a long-stay visa application.
How to Apply: Scholarships offered by the Romanian State to foreign citizens through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in keeping with Government Decision No 288/1993 for the 2020- 2021 academic year
- All candidates have to come to the Embassy of Romania to Indonesia, Mondays to Fridays during 09.00-16.00 and get the cover letter from the Embassy. Time limit to submit the documents to the Embassy of Romania to the Republic of Indonesia is 09 March 2020.
- Please find attached, hereto, the Annex no 1, Annex no 2 and List of State Universities in Romania.
Jl. Teuku Cik Ditiro No.42-A,
RT.10 / RW.5, Menteng, Jakarta Pusat,
DKI Jakarta 10310
09 March 2020