The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The University of Groningen offers Holland Scholarships to international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their master’s in Holland. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Please note that students from Switzerland and Suriname are not eligible to apply.
A scholarship of €5,000 to contribute to your living costs in The Netherlands. You will receive this in the first year of your studies.
To qualify for the Holland Scholarship University of Groningen:
- You do not hold the nationality of one of the EEA countries;
- You are going to study in the Netherlands;
- You do not have a degree from an educational institution in the Netherlands;
- You have excellent grades during your bachelor/undergraduate studies;
- You meet the specific requirements of the University of Groningen;
- You have a letter from the University of Groningen with an admission offer for one of the programmes mentioned in this list.
- Write a motivation letter in which you make clear why you are the right candidate for the Holland Scholarship University of Groningen.
A ranking of candidates will be made after a careful evaluation of the applicant's academic merit (i.e. results obtained in study programme, academic research activities, overall evaluation of previous education etc.) and of the candidates' Holland Scholarship motivational statements.
How to Apply You can apply for the scholarship after you have received an admission offer from the University of Groningen for one of the programmes mentioned in this list.
Fill out this form to apply for the Holland Scholarship.
01 May 2020