The United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs is looking for young persons (ages 18 – 24) motivated to use their talents to help raise awareness and promote change for a more peaceful and secure world.
In addition to young people with an interest in international affairs or international relations, we also strongly encourage individuals with a background in other areas such as history, science, economics, languages, film, media, dance, song, theatre, visual arts, creative writing or any other field to submit an application.
Our intention is to bring together an eclectic and geographically diverse group of young people, from across the globe, who can become advocates for disarmament.
The ten youth champions will receive training in general principles of disarmament, non-proliferation and arms control through on-line courses and a two-week in-person study tour in Vienna, Geneva, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The study tour will take place in June 2020.
Youth Champions will exchange ideas with disarmament experts from think tanks, civil society organizations and the diplomatic field, and develop their own plans on how to engage in their communities on issues related to disarmament, non-proliferation and arms control.
The United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs will support with mentoring and guidance throughout the programme.
- Free Training
- a Two-week in-person study tour in Vienna, Geneva, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki
- Opportunity to exchange ideas with disarmament experts from diverse backgrounds such as civil society, think tanks, and the diplomatic field.
- Planning on how to engage in your community on issues related to disarmament, arms control, non-proliferation.
- Young persons (ages 18 – 24) motivated to use their talents to help raise awareness and promote change for a more peaceful and secure world.
- Fluency in English is required for participation.
- The application requires three letters of recommendation and your most recent academic transcripts.
How to Apply:
Please follow this link to go to the application.
For enquiries please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
18 March 2020
18 March 2020