For the 7th time, ICMPD organises the International Summer School on Migration. The summer school is a joint initiative by two ICMPD-led projects: the “Sustaining Migration Management in Georgia” (ENIGMMA 2) project and the “Prague Process: Dialogue, Analyses and Training in Action” (PP DATA) initiative – component of the Mobility Partnership Facility (MPF).
ICMPD invites all interested candidates to apply through March 31st, 2020, midnight CET.
The Summer School takes place in Georgia from 28 June to 4 July 2020.
International academic experts from the Migration Observatory at the University of Oxford, University of Sussex, the Sorbonne University School of Economics, the Danube University Krems, VU Amsterdam, University Leiden and the Maastricht University Graduate School of Governance and ICMPD will lecture and mentor the students. They will mainly address the following issues: introduction to migration studies, migration and development, migration and the economy, perception of migrants, migration law, migration data, etc. The one-week summer school will provide multidisciplinary and innovative academic and research-oriented lectures, seminars and projects on issues related to migration situations and migration policies in the EU, its Eastern neighbourhood and worldwide. Teaching will be accompanied by research, practical exercises and interactive discussions. In total, up to 50 students from migration studies, journalism/ media studies, international law/ migration law, economy, demography, history and/ or social and political sciences can take part in the summer school. Young professionals working on migration issues are strongly encouraged to apply as well.
All students will receive full board and lodge free of charge, travel costs will be covered by the projects. No participation fee will be charged. All logistical and administrative issues such as flight and hotel booking, transport, etc. will be organised by the ICMPD summer school team. Thus, potential participants shall not engage in any logistical preparations themselves.
- Citizens from the following countries are eligible to apply:
- Armenia, Albania, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
- Strong interest in migration-related issues covered by the programme of the international summer school (see below and application form)
- A profound knowledge (written and oral) of English language (please provide certificate if available)
- Students of media, international law/migration law, economy, migration studies, history, demography, social and political sciences or a related field
- Professional staff of state institutions involved in migration management in the above mentioned countries
- Members of civil society organisations in the field of migration in the above mentioned countries
How to Apply:
31 March 2020
- Documents to be submitted when applying for the Summer School (all in English):
- Filled-out application form
- CV (Europass format)
- English language certificate (optional, if available)
- Recommendation letter from university or workplace
- Please submit the filled-out application together with accompanying documents to email@example.com. The deadline for application is 31 March 2020.
31 March 2020