ASEAN today launched the call for nominations for ASEAN Prize 2020.
Dato Lim Jock Hoi, Secretary-General of ASEAN said “At a time when the world is facing an unprecedented challenge in COVID-19, we see the best of humanity through the sacrificial efforts of frontline medical and health workers, and those who keep essential public services running at great risks to their lives. Their examples remind us that there are many heroes out there and we should shine a light in their work.” He emphasized that “ASEAN Prize is one way that ASEAN honours their outstanding contributions to our community.”
Established in 2018, this annual regional award honours exemplary achievements of an ASEAN citizen or an ASEAN based-organisation in deepening collaboration between ASEAN Member States and/or with the world through people-to-people connectivity, and social or economic cooperation to benefit the peoples of ASEAN, among others.
Nominations will be reviewed by a judging committee to be chaired by the incumbent Secretary-General of ASEAN and his predecessors.
The recipient of ASEAN Prize 2020 will, at the 37th ASEAN Summit in Ha Noi, Viet Nam, receive the ASEAN Prize Trophy and a cash prize of US$20,000, sponsored by Temasek Foundation of Singapore and Yayasan Hasanah of Malaysia.
- Nomination opens on 1 April 2020.
- Nominee must be an ASEAN citizen or an ASEAN-based organisation.
- The nominee must produce valid/verifiable documents highlighting his/her achievements and impacts to ASEAN since the launch of the ASEAN Community in 31 December 2015.
- The nominee should also share future plans in continuing the work after winning the prize.
- The timeline for submission of nomination to the respective National Focal Point is 5pm (Jakarta time), 13 July 2020 (Monday)
Please submit nominations to the respective National Focal Point listed below. The ASEAN Prize 2020 nomination form can be downloaded at https://asean.org/asean-prize/
- Brunei Darussalam :
- ASEAN-Brunei Darussalam National Secretariat,Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Brunei Darussalam.
- Email: email@example.com
- General Department of ASEAN,Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directorate of ASEAN Social and Cultural Cooperation,Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Email: email@example.com
- Lao PDR
- ASEAN Political-Security Community Division, Lao National ASEAN Secretariat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Division,ASEAN-Malaysia National Secretariat
- Email: email@example.com
- Socio-cultural Division, ASEAN-Myanmar National Secretariat, Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Philippines
- ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community DivisionASEAN-Philippines National Secretariat2330 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, Philippines
- Tel.: 8344431, 8344470; Fax: 8321667 |
- ASEAN-Singapore National Secretariat
- Email: email@example.com
- Department of ASEAN Affairs,Ministry of Foreign Affairs (ASEAN-Thailand National Secretariat)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viet Nam
13 July 2020