The establishment of the LNG Academy is inseparable from the initiative and active role of PT Badak NGL (Badak LNG), to form a special educational institution. PT Badak NGL is a company that processes natural gas into LNG and LPG in the city of Bontang, which has four decades of experience operating and maintaining LNG / LPG refineries. The knowledge, experience, achievements and awards received by PT Badak NGL in operating and maintaining an LNG / LPG refinery for four decades is a special and valuable experience, so it needs to be passed on to this country through education to the country's best children to learn about operation and maintenance of LNG and LPG refinery equipment.
In 2011 the LNG Academy was established, which is a Diploma (D3) program, a collaboration between PT Badak NGL and the Jakarta State Polytechnic. The LNG Academy program is under the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Energy Conversion Study Program, Jakarta State Polytechnic. At LNG Academy there are three specializations:
- Gas Processing Techniques
- Mechanical and Rotating Maintenance Techniques
- Electrical Maintenance Engineering and Instrumentation
- Full scholarships, pocket money and facilities (uniforms, accommodation, literature books, etc.).
- Discipline activities from the Bontang Kodim.
- The maximum study period is 6 semesters, with a composition of 40% theory and 60% practice.
- Lectures at PNJ and PT Badak NGL (Learning Center, Laboratory, Workshop and Refinery).
- Must pass all courses. If you don't pass one course, it will be dropped out .
- Graduated from SMA / SMU / Madrasah Aliyah Department of Natural Sciences (IPA).
- Report cards with a minimum of 70 per subject, and an average report card grade semester 1 to 5 with a minimum of 80.
- Born on January 1 2001 or thereafter.
- Healthy both physically and spiritually and not color blind.
- Not involved and or using narcotics and other psychotropic substances / drugs.
How to Apply:
- Registration uses the online system through the PNJ website http://badak.penerimaan.pnj.ac.id/index.php/badak/formulir
- Stages of acceptance selection: administrative selection, Academic Potential Test (TPA), Psychological Test, Interview and Medical Test (Medical Check Up)
- Academic Potential Test Material (TPA): English, Indonesian, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- The location of the TPA, Psychology Test and Health Test will be determined later by taking into account the location of residence / domicile of the test takers.
- Announcement of the location of the implementation of each stage of the selection can be seen through:
12 May 2020 (Registration Open 15 April 2020)