The Global Peace Photo Award is awarded by Edition Lammerhuber in partnership with Photographische Gesellschaft, (PHG), UNESCO, the Austrian Parliament, the Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association, the International Press Institute (IPI) and the World Press Photo Foundation.
Edition Lammerhuber is an Austrian publisher, based in Baden near Vienna, dedicated to photography and to the interpretation of science and art.
The Photographische Gesellschaft, (PHG) is the longest-standing photographic society in the German-speaking countries and the second-oldest in the world.
It was founded on 22 March 1861 by Anton Georg Martin at the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna
There is no entry fee!
- The top five listed photographers will be awarded the Alfred Fried Peace Medal.
- The Peace Image of the Year will receive €10,000.
- The winning picture will be on display for one year at the Austrian Parliament and will be included in the permanent art collection of the Austrian Parliament.
- All winners will be invited to Vienna to the award ceremony at the Austrian Parliament on September 17, 2020.
- The Global Peace Photo Award is open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.
- Digital submissions must be saved as .jpg, with more than 3000 pixels on the longest side.
- Images must not include any embedded marks, logos, names or borders.
- Photographs that are part of a reportage on a topic must not be manipulated in a way that changes the meaning of the picture. For other entries, we accept digitally edited images and photo montages if they serve to explore a theme creatively. All digitally edited images must make clear what has been done to them in the captions that accompany the images
- you may submit as many entries as you wish.
How to Apply:
24 May 2020
- You upload your entry as a .jpg file or files. You can make changes to your entries or delete them at any time prior to the deadline. You need to finalise and submit your entry before the entry deadline.
- Summit HERE
24 May 2020