The International Youth Initiative Program (YIP) is a 10 month residential societal entrepreneurship training for 18-28 years olds based in Sweden. YIP offers you a holistic educational program that expands global understanding and personal awareness.
YIP aims to strengthen young people’s capacity to take personal and collective initiative in the face of current global realities.
Up to 40 participants learn, create and organize alongside experts, facilitators and innovators.
YIP’s curriculum provides a platform for young people to expand their understanding, develop their fullest potential and find their authentic tasks in society and the world.
The term “societal entrepreneur” as used by YIP describes people and initiatives that base their actions in service of society and understand the world as one interconnected living organism. This paradigm points to the interconnectedness of global systems and new ways of working toward a more equitable world. Through allowing young people to explore this paradigm and, with it, face and develop themselves and society, YIP seeks to support these young people to become leaders of a new, more sustainable and integrated lifestyle and future.
- 1) age
You have to be between 18 – 28 years old to participate in the program.
- 2) english
You need to be able to understand, speak, read and write English at an intermediate level. This is based on our experience of participants requiring at least this level to be able to engage meaningfully in the courses. Certification is required if English is your second language.
- If you have any questions about certification please write to email@example.com.
- 3) application fee
We will only process your application once the non-refundable application fee of SEK 750 has been received. You will receive an application fee confirmation email once this has been processed by YIP. Please save this proof of payment as its submission is required to complete your application.
- 4) Program fee
The Program Fee for YIP is SEK 100,000 per participant for the whole 10 months.
- The Curriculum: courses, course materials and evening activities.
- Food: organic meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner from Monday to Friday, not including weekends and holidays).
- Accommodation: shared twin bedroom, in communal house with shared bathrooms, kitchens and living area.
- Travel: SEK 8,000 for the travel to and from the Outpost and International Internships.
- Transportation: in connection with the curriculum.
- If your financial situation is a barrier to your applying for YIP, please click here to find tips on financing your YIP Year, as well as the diversity fund.
YIP Diversity fund
Despite its international character, the YIP participant group often lacks representation from different socio-economic demographics. Because the content of YIP often focusses on global challenges as well as an individual capability to take on multiple perspectives, it is essential that there is a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences present at YIP.
In order to meet this need, the YIP Diversity Fund strives to support 2-4 participants who would benefit and thrive from attending this type of education but otherwise wouldn’t be able to.
This fund is not a large body of money that refills each year, but it is a result of ongoing efforts by participants and alumni through bake-sales, grant writing and small donations.
In order to apply to the YIP Diversity Fund you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must be accepted through the normal YIP acceptance procedure
- You have no other means of paying the YIP tuition
- You show initiative and actively engage with the YIP organisation
The amount of money there is in the fund differs each year. Typically it supports people with a partial scholarship of 25-50%. The Diversity fund only considers people that have already been accepted to the program, as a first step please complete the application process.
To apply for the Diversity Fund please gent in contact with the organising team under firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
Please visit HERE for apply
Please visit HERE for apply