Graduate School of Management of Kyoto University changed the program and two international full-time programs opened in April 2019 which are fully instructed in the English language. One program is International Business Administration Program (i-BA) and the other is International Project Management Program (i-PM).
The International Business Administration Program (i-BA) is a course of study that leads to a general management degree while helping you develop your vision and the skills to achieve it. This program provides wide area of expertise such as business leadership, service & hospitality management, finance and accounting.
The International Project Management Program (i-PM) offers an educational curriculum in management necessary to accomplish projects with special aims and diverse constraints or uncertainties for the purpose of nurturing highly advanced professionals who will take active part in these areas of management.
* Applicants must select which program would you like to when applying.
Please read the guidelines carefully and send all application documents TOGETHER by the deadline.
Please read the guidelines, Important Notes and FAQ before contact University.
In Case You Cannot Submit Required Documents due to COVID-19 (Special Treatment for Admission 2021).
＜TOEFL and IELTS＞
[As of June 25, 2020]
- If you cannot take IELTS including IELTS indicator, you can still take TOEFL iBT including Special Home Edition. In Mainland China, where TOEFL iBT may not resume soon, they accept a TOEFL ITP-Plus score.
- If none of these exams are administered in your region, you can submit a document that explains the situation and attach an alternative score (including TOEIC), if any, for consideration.
[As of June 17, 2020]
If neither GRE nor GMAT exams are administered in your region, you can submit a document explaining the situation and provide an alternative test score, if any.
Admission Guidelines 2021 [PDF]
Period : August 24, 2020 (Mon) - September 18, 2020 (Fri), 5pm (JST).
Important Notes for Online Application [PDF] <Uploaded on June 4, 2020>
At first please read the above notes CAREFULLY.
* "Check/Change Application Details" is for the applicants who would like to check or change the details of application even though they completed the procedure once.
- Please click "Graduate School of Management" of "Graduate School List" on the top of the website or scroll down to the bottom of the website.
- You can find "International Program (i-BA & i-PM), Graduate School of Management".
(Please be advised that the other names of Admission are for other courses or faculties.)
- Please click "Initial Application" in the category.
Please go to the following website to do it.
Download [Form 1], [Form 2], [Form 5]
Download [Form 3]
Download [Form 4 for i-BA Applicants]
Download [Form 4 for i-PM Applicants]
[Form 1] Application Form for Admission, 2021 [Word]
[Form 2] Detailed Educational Background and Employment History for Admission, 2021 [Word]
[Form 3] Letter of Recommendation for Admission, 2021 [Word]
[Form 4] Education and Professional Plan for Admission, 2021 [Word]
[Form 5] i-BA & i-PM Application Materials Check List, 2021 [Word]
*Only For Applicants who Wish to Apply Preliminary Eligibility Screening
(under the Admission Guidelines Section 3, (9) or (10))
Period : August 17, 2020 (Mon) - August 21, 2020 (Fri) 5pm (JST).
Preliminary Eligibility Screening Guideline 2021 [PDF]
Download Application Form for Preliminary Eligibility Screening, 2021 [Word]
Graduate School of Management has been selected as one of the designated institutions under the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP).
If you apply for International Project Management Program (i-PM), and wish to apply for ADB-JSP scholarship, please submit the required documents with the applications of International Project Management Program (i-PM) by the same deadline.
* Applicants for International Business Administration Program (i-BA) CANNOT apply for ADB-JSP Scholarship.
The Asian Development Bank’s Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) provides opportunities for qualified citizens of the ADB member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in development-related fields. Kyoto University is now one of the destination institutions of the program and opens the fields for the incoming student.
Please read the details below and if you wish to apply for this scholarship, please send the required documents mentioned below with the application for International Project Management Program (i-PM) to Graduate School of Management (GSM) Administrative Office by the application period (Aug.31-Sep.18, 2020).
* For applying for i-PM, you need to pay the application fee (10,000 JPY) by the application period (Aug.24-Sep.18, 2020).
- Only applicants for i-PM (International Project Management Program) are eligible to apply for ADB-JSP scholarship.
- Applicants for i-BA (International Business Admission Program) CANNOT apply for ADB-JSP scholarship.
* Application fee CANNOT be refunded in any situation.
The ADB-JSP will cover;
*You are required to submit financial report every 6 month and need to keep all the receipt for the goods you have purchased by this fund.
- tuition fees,
- travel expenses,
- subsistence allowance of approximately 147,000 yen/month,
- medical/accident insurance,
- books/instructional material and research allowances,
- miscellaneous .
All applicants of the ADB-JSP must:
- Match the application eligibility requirements for i-PM.
- A national of an ADB borrowing member**
- Gained admission to an approved i-PM course at Kyoto University.
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program. (Required to work in his/her home country more than 2 years after that.)
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship. 10) Staff of ADB-JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second MA or a second PhD degree.** ADB borrowing member countries include: Afghanistan / Armenia / Azerbaijan / Bangladesh / Bhutan / Cambodia / Cook Islands / Fiji Islands / Georgia / India / Indonesia / Kazakhstan / Kiribati / Kyrgyz Republic / Lao PDR / Malaysia / Maldives / Marshall Islands / Micronesia / Mongolia / Myanmar / Nauru / Nepal / Niue / Pakistan / Palau / Papua New Guinea / Philippines / Samoa / Solomon Islands / Sri Lanka / Tajikistan / Thailand / Timor-Leste / Tonga / Turkmenistan / Tuvalu / Uzbekistan / Vanuatu / Vietnam
- Information sheet: designated format of ADB
[Successful Applicants ONLY]
* Please prepare the following document(s) soon after the date of announcement of successful applicants.
* They ONLY accept any inquiries about above document(s) from successful applicants of GSM examination.
- Income certificate(s): Individual annual income should be issues by the current employer and family income (parents/spouse) should be certified true copy or notarized, in English with US$ equivalent. If parents are unemployed or deceased, these should also be certified or notarized.
ADB website;For more details about ADB scholarship, please follow the link;
- * For the screening in GSM, They will have Skype interview as necessary. With the result of that, we will recommend the applicant for university screening.
- * If you are recommended by university, ADB will make final decision.
- * Once you are chosen for the recipient of this scholarship, you are not allowed to cancel the admission to Kyoto University for any reason.
If you have further question regarding ADB scholarship application, please contact to GSM office.
18 September 2020