Ibn Battuta Arabic Scholarships aim to reward students for excellence and dedication to the study of the Arabic language as well as promote the study of Arabic as a foreign language. Prospective students may apply to either one of the semester programs (fall, spring) or else to one of the winter and summer programs offered at the Qalam wa Lawh center in Rabat Morocco.
- Full Scholarships cover all tuition and housing costs for the duration of the program
- Partial Scholarships cover tuition-only costs for the duration of the program
Note: Transportation to/from Morocco is the responsibility of awardees.
- Applicants must write a 600-1,000 word essay answering “What do you hope to achieve through your study of the Arabic language?”
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of four University semesters in Modern Standard Arabic or equivalent study (at least 240 documented contact hours at a private institution).
- Applicants must have three written recommendations, including at least one from an Arabic Language Instructor/Professor.
- Recommendations should be addressed to the Scholarship Committee at Qalam wa Lawh. Applicants must provide graded transcripts documenting previous Arabic study.
How to Apply:
To Apply, send the completed application form and all required attachments (photocopy of passport, recommendation letters, essay, and transcripts) via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Or post to Qalam wa Lawh Center for Arabic Studies attn: Ibn Battuta Scholarship
They accept documents in English, French or Arabic. Translated documents should include a copy of the original.
Deadline:30 July 2020 (Spring)