Full scholarship to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master's degree and the MBA year.
Established in 2014, the Pershing Square Foundation awards up to five full scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master's degree and the MBA year.
Recipients are exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the potential and commitment to finding scalable and sustainable solutions to world-scale social challenges. You can pursue any of the partnering Master’s degrees and combine it with our MBA. Further details regarding eligibility can be found below.
You will also be invited to a spring ‘trek’ to New York City hosted by the Pershing Square Foundation, where you can participate in meetings and workshops with leading innovators and change makers.
You will have the opportunity to attend prestigious conferences and events throughout the year, including the Ditchley Conferences and the Skoll World Forum.
As a Pershing Square scholar you will receive funding for both your Master's degree and MBA programme course fees.
The scholarship also provides at least £15,285 towards living expenses for both years of study.
Scholarships are awarded to individuals with:
- Academic achievement, demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, previous university prizes and awards, and other academic achievement
- Leadership potential, demonstrated through experience and motivation
- Strong personal character, integrity and commitment
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through development of a new enterprise
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives
- Highlight these attributes in your MBA application, scholarship essay and interview answers.
- Each of our partnering Master's programmes has its own application form, deadlines and requirements.
- In order to be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship you must apply to the 1+1 MBA by the January deadline for both your chosen Master's programme and the Oxford MBA.
- When you submit your 1+1 MBA application form you will be asked if you would like to be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship.
- You must submit an essay in your application form of no more than 500 words addressing this question:
- How do you intend to change the world? What does this tell us about you as a person?
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview with the selection panel.
08 January 2021