The U.S. Bi-Mission in Indonesia is calling Indonesian students who are interested in participating in a virtual internship in a foreign-diplomatic and customer service- oriented environment. We provide equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation. We also strive to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. We are committed to recruiting and retaining qualified individuals with disabilities. An employee or qualified applicant may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process or to perform the essential duties of the position for which they were hired. These accommodation requests are reviewed by the U.S. Bi-Mission Indonesia Human Resources Office, the requesting individuals, and the individual’s supervisor, as appropriate. Accommodations span a wide-range of potential services, technologies, and/or workplace modifications. As an example, an applicant might request sign language interpretation for the personal interview component of the selection. The U.S. Bi-Mission in Indonesia maintains a drug-free workplace.
This is an unpaid program; no compensation and benefits are offered.
Terms of Internship Duration
- 3-month program: begin on June 21, 2021 end on August 27, 2021
- 6-month program: begin on June 21, 2021 end on December 23, 2021
- 12-month program: begin on June 21, 2021 end on end of May 2022
- Indonesian citizen
- Minimum 18 years old
- Current university student
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- English literate
- Have a personal medical insurance to cover student during internship program (BPJS or others)
- Students must be in their 3rd year of a Bachelors program or in 1st year of a Masters program
How to Apply:
Interested applicant should submit a complete application by email to: JakartaFNSIP@state.gov by the latest February 19, 2021. Please indicate the section and location you are applying for in the subject of your email (Email subject: Application for 2021 FNSIP for [location, section name]; for example: Application for 2021 FNSIP for Surabaya, Public Affairs Section).
Application forms are (mandatory):
- U.S. Embassy application for FNSIP (PDF – 168 KB)
- Statement of Interest (MS Word – 13KB)
- Gratuitous Service Agreement (no compensation or benefit) (MS Word – 19KB)
- Letter of permission to intern at the Mission Indonesia from the university
- Confirmation letter regarding personal medical insurance
19 February 2021