The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) was established in 1980 as Malaysia’s commitment to South-South Cooperation through the sharing of Malaysia’s development experiences and expertise with other developing countries.
The objectives of the MTCP are:
- To share experience with other developing countries;
- To strengthen bilateral ties with developing countries;
- To encourage and promote South-South Cooperation; and
- To encourage and promote technical cooperation within developing countries.
MTCP is premised on the principle that the development of a country is dependent on the quality of its human capital and resources. MTCP emphasizes on human resources development mainly through training and capacity-building courses including short-term courses at Malaysian public and private training institutions, and long-term courses at Malaysian public universities.
Annually, Malaysia's flagship MTCP offers more than 60 technical training and capacity-building programmes in vast areas of development to developing countries in collaboration with leading local training institutions and international development partners. To date, more than 34,500 participants from 144 developing countries have benefited from the various programmes offered under the MTCP.
The MTCP Scholarship is sponsored by the Malaysian government and is dedicated to international students from the developing world to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia, whilst at the same time acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that could contribute to the development of their home country. The duration of the award is between 12 to 24 months for Master's Degree Programme.
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
Area Of Study:
Priority will be given to the following areas of study:
- Economics and Banking.
- Business Management.
- Science and Technology (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy)
- International Relations and Diplomacy.
- Public Policy and Governance.
- Agriculture and Livestock.
- Social Science.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the areas mentioned above
This scholarship covered:
- Cost of Living Allowance
- Book Allowance
- Tools Allowance
- House Rental Allowance
- Family Assistance Allowance
- Placement Allowance
- Thesis Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Practical Training Allowance
- End of Study Allowance
- Tuition Fees
- Medical Claims
- Visa Fee
Method of Payment:
Participants will receive allowances and other benefits as mentioned above from the Scholarship Division, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia through their individual savings accounts. Students are advised to open a Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad account.
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship applicants must COMPLY to the following criteria:
- Not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- For Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.0 at Undergraduate Degree level.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.0); or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of 500 or an internet-based test with a score of 60; or
- Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Has an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The cost of the medical check-up shall be fully borne by the applicant.
- Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected Higher Learning Institutions (Please refer List of Universities).
- Applications are only open to candidates who have received offer letters from universities in Malaysia but have not yet started their studies or those who have registered for no more than one semester for a Master's Degree.
How to Apply:
- All applications must be submitted through our online application system via the link https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER
- All the documents below are COMPULSORY and to be UPLOADED via online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
- Application form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month's validity);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript;
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants’ alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency tests (TOEFL or IELTS);
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Endorsement form;
- Admission offer letter from Malaysian Universities (if applicable);
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Medical examination form
16 August 2021