INPEX SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION was established as nonproﬁt organization in Japan in March 1981 with a donation by then Indonesia Petroleum, Ltd. (now INPEX CORPORATION) in commemoration of the 15th Anniversary in order to promote mutual understanding, friendship and goodwill through an exchange of students by means of scholarship awards.
Under its international education exchange program, this FOUNDATION oﬀers scholarships to promising Indonesian students who wish to study in a postgraduate course of university in Japan, and accepts the applicants for scholarships for 2021 on the following plan.
All of the following conditions should be satisﬁed.
- (1) Those who have the nationality of the Republic of Indonesia and are less than 30 years of age at the time of the submission of the application, and have a“SARJANA”Degree in Natural Science from a prestigious Indonesian university with at least 16 years of school education, or equivalent academic background. ,
- (2) Those who have the aim to study and research a course of Natural Science in a master s program of university in Japan, and were permitted or are expected to be permitted to enter the university.
- (3) Those who have excellent results of school record, (cumulative GPA : more than 3.0) and are in good health.
- (4) Those who have been permitted to get the scholarship of the FOUNDATION by their belonging institutes, universities or companies.
- (5) Those who have interest in the friendly relations between the Republic of Indonesia and Japan and are prepared to contribute to the promotion of such relations.
- (6) Those who had not or have not been awarded similar scholarships in Japan or in developed countries.
Number of Shcolarship:
A maximum of THREE (3) students will be accepted for the 2021 scholarship program.
- The payment of school and living expenses will be made to the scholarship students during their study in Japan, based on the Regulation of Scholarship Award of this FOUNDATION.
- The scholarship award in 2021 is as follows.
- 1) School expenses to be paid to the university such as entrance examination fee, entrance fee, tuition fee, etc. are all borne by the FOUNDATION.
- 2) Monthly award of Yen 160,000 is given to each student as living expenses, including lodging expenses, medical expenses, transportation fee, books, etc.
- Commuter pass expenses are seperately borne by the FOUNDATION.
- (3) Air ticket (economy class, Jakarta-Tokyo) will be given to the scholarship students when coming to and leaving Japan. However, all other expenses necessary for travelling such as passport acquisition fee, visa fee for entering Japan, etc. are to be borne by the students.
- (4) A scholarship is awarded for up to two years and eight months maximum.
- (5) The payment of the award will commence from the date mentioned in the notiﬁcation of acceptance, and will end on the date 30 days after the day of completion of study or research, the date leaving Japan or the expiration of 2 years and 8 months, whichever occurs earlier.
60,000 YEN will be paid to each student, who is awarded 2021 scholarships by this FOUNDATION, upon their arrival at Tokyo.
- (6) In case the date of commencement or termination of the scholarship award is in the middle of the month, full amount will be given if the balance of days is more than half month, and half amount if the balance of days is less than half month.
- (7) The payment of scholarship award is stopped in the following cases.
- 1) When it becomes impossible for the student to continue their research due to illness or failure in the examination to the master,s course or other reasons.
- 2) When the results of school record are poor.
- 3) When the professor in charge considers that the student is not qualiﬁed to continue studying or continue research.
- 4) In case the student is unsound and improper in their conduct.
- 5) When the student brings discredit to this FOUNDATION,s prestige and reputation.
- 6) When the student makes false report to this FOUNDATION, or disobeys the rules and/or regulations of this FOUNDATION.
- (8) Absence from Japan during grant period.
Scholarship students may leave Japan temporarily during the grant period if such absence does not interfere with the purpose of the grant.
- 1) A total absence of up to 21 days per year after having passed the entrance examination to the master,s course will be allowed without any deduction in grant beneﬁts.
- 2) A total absence in excess of 21 days per year will result in deduction of monthly award for the excess period accordingly.
How to Apply:
- (1) Applicants must ﬁll out the ﬁxed forms, and bring or send (by registered mail) such forms to the following, with the description of“APPLICATION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS”on the envelope.
INPEX Masela, Ltd. Jakarta Office
Sentral Senayan 1 Building 18th Floor,
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8, Jakarta Pusat 10270
- (2) The following papers must be submitted, being attached to the application form.
- 2 photographs, 5cm x 3.5cm, of upper part of the body without hat. One should be attached to the application form and the other with the name written on the backside should not be attached.
- School Record
- Transcript of academic record issued by the university attended.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Conﬁdential letter addressed to the FOUNDATION from the president or the advisory professor of the graduated university, and/or from the present employer (if currently employed).
- Certiﬁcate of Graduation
- Graduation certiﬁcate issued by the university attended.
- Personal History and Personal Data (Curriculum Vitae)
- Health Certiﬁcate made out by the medical doctor
- Admission Certiﬁcate from the university or other research institute in Japan, if already obtained.
- Certiﬁcate of TOEFL/IELTS score record.
- Certiﬁcate of Japanese language proﬁciency, if any.
31st October 2020. The documents received with the postmark of the above date are also valid for application and accepted by the FOUNDATION.