The National University of Ireland, Maynooth commonly known as Maynooth University (MU), is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland. It is Ireland's youngest university as it was founded by the Universities Act, 1997 from the secular faculties of the now separate St Patrick's College, Maynooth, which was founded in 1795. Maynooth is also the only university town in Ireland, all other universities being based within cities.The university consists of two connected campuses: an older southern campus, with 19th-century buildings, shared with St Patrick's College, and, across a public road, a modern northern campus, occupying circa 100 acres (0.40 km2).
With over 13,000 students enrolled, and over 900 staff from over 20 different countries, it is Ireland's smallest, yet fastest growing, university. In 2009, Maynooth University was listed as a Top500 university in the Times Higher Education-QS World University Rankings. The 2012 QS World University Rankings put MU in the 501-550 bracket worldwide, but most recently, Maynooth University was ranked in the 701–750 bracket in the 2019 QS World University Rankings. In 2008 it was named Sunday Times 'University of the Year'. In 2011, Maynooth University became the first and only institution outside of North America to be included in The Princeton Review of Best Colleges. It also has the highest proportion of university participation in Ireland of mature students (16%) and access students (22%).
- Qualifications: Minimum of 2.1 grade (or equivalent) in MA in Sociology, Education, Women’s Studies, Law, Anthropology, Social Policy, Geography or related social sciences discipline.
- Required Skills and experience: Knowledge and experience undertaking Intersectional Gender Analysis (ideally in a Higher Education setting), Quantitative and Qualitative Research, Report Writing.
- Desirable skills and experience: Evidence of capacity to undertake independent research, demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team and strong communication skills.
€16K Scholarship (€9K stipend + €1K costs + €6K fees)
How To Apply:
Please send a current CV, indicating your research experience and including two academic references, a research proposal (limited to three pages), a letter of intent, and a sample of your writing (essay, chapter from dissertation, article, etc.) to Professor Linda Connolly, Chair of the Maynooth University Athena SWAN Steering Group and Director of the Maynooth University Social Sciences Institute, via email to email@example.comThe letter of intent should be limited to two pages and it should outline:
- Reasons for application
- Previous training and research experience
- Interest in area of research
November 30th, 2018