Strategic basic research in the context of a PhD grant stands for challenging and innovative research (at PhD level), which, if successful, may in the longer term lead to innovative applications with economic added value (for specific companies, for a collective of companies, or a sector, or in line with the Flanders 2025 transition areas
For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with VITO, SCK•CEN en L'Oreal-Unesco.
- Monthly Scholarship of minimum EUR 2,015.51.
- Fixed Bench fee of EUR 3,720/year.
- It is a two year scholarship and must be renewed after the first year.
- You are affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community
- At the start of the fellowship, candidates must be holder of a diploma at least equivalent to a master's degree following a bachelor's degree and awarded by the competent institutions in one of the countries of the European Economic Area or Switzerland. No attestation is required for non-Belgian diplomas. A ‘distinction’
- The master degree or equivalent diploma must have been obtained not earlier than 3 years before the closing date of the call.
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- MIND: CHANGE REGULATIONS: On 1 March 2019 (submission deadline) you have 18 months scientific seniority at most
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Applied earlier for an FWO PhD fellowship? Look at the Transitional measures on eligibility conditions.
- You can apply if you obtained your Master diploma not earlier than 5 years before 1 March 2019.