The Alafia Youth Empowerment Fellowship 2019 is a fully funded 4 day long program by World Peace Initiative for African people. The fully funded fellowship program is scheduled from 12 – 15 September 2019 at Bingerville (Ivory Coast).
The Alalfia Fellowship is aimed to empower young people with the tools to inner peace, emotional intelligence, positive thinking and good habits through the practice of mindfulness, self-discipline and meditation. It will also connect young people on the African continent and enhance their sense of solidarity, compassion and togetherness. Furthermore, it will act as a forum of networking and exchange for future collaboration and partnerships while fostering mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue.
The training starts with 42 Days online Self-development Program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; to cultivate your inner peace. The 42 days are divided as follow:
- 21 days before interview
- 21 days after interview and before final selection of participants
The fellowship offers 4 day intensive training program providing participants with deeper insights in the relationship between mindfulness meditation and various skills necessary for improving personal well-being, enhancing effectiveness in professional and social life, and nurturing healthy and fruitful relationships. Participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Work-life balance
- Stress management
- Non-violent communication
- Full or partial airfare sponsorship
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
The Alafia Fellowship is only for Africans and thus the people from below mentioned countries and who can fulfill the other requirements may apply:
- Candidates must be citizens of the following countries: Benin, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Nigeria, Cape Verde, Senegal, Liberia, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Sao Tome and Principe, Mali, Togo, Burkina Faso, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, Algeria, Sierra Leone , The Gambia, Ghana, Saint Helena, and Western Sahara.
- Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program before interview and willing to complete the remaining 21 days after interview.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language. Knowledge of the following languages is asset: French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Candidates should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in self-empowerment and social change.
- Candidates could be peace activists, civil servants, artists, journalists, entrepreneurs, young leaders in local, national or international organizations, catalysts of positive change in general.
- Candidates should be committed to getting involved with World Peace Initiative Foundation by submitting a project proposal on how to use the practice of meditation as a tool to face various social challenges in their respective communities upon successful completion of the fellowship.
How to Apply:
Online Registration (Alafia Fellowship)
30 March 2019