The Program aims at promoting Greek language and culture abroad, thereby creating and encouraging ties of friendship and cooperation between members of the academic community. The selection is based on the recommendations made by special committees consisting of professors, scientists and former scholars, and is validated by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Congo, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Moldavia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, S. Korea, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, S. Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, The Netherlands, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, U.S.A., Uzbekistan, Venezuela.
The Program covers scholarly research in Greece only and in the fields stated above.
- Eligible to participate are the following candidates:
- a) Persons of non-Greek descent
- b) Cypriot citizens are also eligible to apply provided they permanently reside and work outside Greece
- c) Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply provided they permanently reside and work abroad or currently study in foreign Universities
- d) Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a university or research institute abroad
- All applicants must have already completed their Ph.D.
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a fellowship only if five (5) years have elapsed since their previous fellowship
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation who have twice received a fellowship cannot apply again
- No extension of the duration of the fellowship beyond the period mentioned in this announcement for each category will be permitted
- It is not possible to postpone or defer the fellowship to a later academic year
How to Apply:
Please visit link bellow for applying
- Online application for professors of all academic ranks
- Online application for post-doctoral researchers
28 February 2019