Project CoMap is a YSEALI SEEDS FOR THE FUTURE project supported by the US Department of State, and implemented by Cultural Vistas. It is a mapping and training project that would enhance young professionals’ knowledge, and skills in mapping national parks, and heritage parks of ASEAN countries for posterity and environmental sustainability using free and open source software for GIS (FOSS4GIS), drone mapping, field mapping, and participatory mapping. The project is implemented in the Philippines and Cambodia.
Selected participants will have a chance to get funding for a mapping project of their choice aside from the opportunity to join the project team in mapping an ASEAN Heritage Park in the Philippines or Cambodia.
Before proceeding with the application be sure to check the basic criteria below to pre-qualify:
- Filipino or Cambodian Citizen residing in the Philippines or Cambodia for the duration of the training workshop and field work.
- At least 21 years old, or not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Available to attend all sessions during the free intensive four day training workshop to be held in Metro Manila. Transportation and accommodation costs must be shouldered by the participant.
- Lunch and snacks will be provided at the venue. (tentative schedule and venue Philippines: May 6-9, 2019 at the School of Urban and Regional Planning, University of the Philippines Diliman | Cambodia: May 13-16, 2019 Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- Willing and able to do volunteer field work (mapping) at an ASEAN Heritage Park (location to be determined).
- Must have your own personal laptop, and smartphone for the training workshop.
- Has a sense of adventure and loves to learn new things about maps, mapping, and the great outdoors.
How to Apply:Please visit HERE for applying
Deadline:07 April 2019.