The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan. It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in development-related fields. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.This scholarship is for students who is admitted to the Master’s Program at Keio University and agree to return to their home country (listed here ) immediately after completing the Master's program. At least two years of full-time professional work experience prior to application is required.
This scholarship targets only master's students. Those who wish to receive ADB scholarship need to apply for International Graduate Program (IGP) and pass its examination.
A monthly stipend equivalent to that of Japanese Government Scholarship, one round-trip air ticket, full remission of tuition and entrance fees, etc.
- The applicant must be a national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible).
- The applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and an outstanding academic record.
- The applicant must have at least 2 years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree).
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills is mandatory.
- The applicant must be no more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- The applicant must be in good health.
- The applicant must agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies, and contribute to the development of his home country.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than their home country are not eligible for this scholarship. If from another Developing Member Country of ADB, application may be considered.
- The scholarship does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.How to Apply:If you are eligible for ADB scholarship and woud like to apply for Master's program (IGP-Master's Application Period I) , submit the following form along with other documents.For more information about ADB, please refer to the ADB's website .
26 November 2020
International Graduate Program (Master's)
The Graduate School of Science and Technology offers a two-year Master's program. The Master's program aims for the establishment of advanced fundamentals in science and technology through courseworks and independent research projects under appropriate guidance from faculty members.
School of Fundamental Science and Technology
Field of Study:
- Center for Mathematics
- Center for Physics Center for Molecular Chemistry
- Center for Applied Physics and Physico-Informatics
- Center for Chemical Biology
- Center for Biosciences and Informatics
- Center for Multidisciplinary and Design Science
- Center for System Integration Engineering
- Center for Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Center for Material Design Science
- Center for Space and Environment Design Engineering
- Center for Science of Environment and Energy
- Center for Applied and Computational Mechanics
- Center for Information and Computer Science
- Center for Open Systems Management
- Master’s Program
Applicants for the master’s program must satisfy one of the following conditions.
- 1. The applicant has completed 16 years of schooling. He/she should have successfully graduated from a foreign university and have a bachelor’s degree or a degree that is equivalent to this. Those who expect to graduate and have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent conferred before enrollment may also apply.
- 2. The applicant has completed 15 years of schooling outside Japan. He/she should have successfully graduated from a foreign university and have a bachelor’s degree or a degree that is equivalent to this. The applicant must have an outstanding academic record in university-level courses that the Keio University Graduate School of Science and Technology deems important. Those who expect to acquire the aforementioned before the enrollment date may also apply. (Successful applicants will be required to submit their certificate of graduation and awarded degree as well as their final academic transcripts to the Admissions Office upon enrollment.)
- 3. Exceptions are made when the Keio University Graduate School of Science and Technology has deemed that the applicant has the equivalent academic skills as those who have completed a bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral Program
Applicant for the doctoral program must satisfy one of the following conditions.
- 1. The applicant has received a master’s degree, a professional degree, or a degree that is equivalent to this outside Japan. Those who expect to have a master’s degree or its equivalent conferred before enrollment may also apply.
- 2. The applicant has completed the Master’s program at the Graduate School of Science and Technology at Keio University as an international student. Those who expect to complete the program before the enrollment date may also apply. (Successful applicants will be required to submit their certificate of graduation and awarded degree as well as their final academic transcripts to the Admissions Office upon enrollment.)
- 3. Exceptions are made when the Keio University Graduate School of Science and Technology has deemed that the applicant has the equivalent academic skills as those who have received a master’s degree or a professional degree.
How to Apply:
- Before submitting an application, you must contact a prospective academic advisor to discuss a research plan thoroughly and receive instructions as to which school you should apply to. Applicants who have failed to do so prior to submitting their application have a much smaller chance of acceptance, and in some cases, their applications may be rejected.
- Choose your prospective academic advisor from among the faculty members who are qualified to be a thesis advisor.
- For information on our faculty members, click on “Staff Profile” below the photograph of each faculty member on the following web page: https://www.st.keio.ac.jp/en/tprofile/
Complete the following steps to prepare your application.
- Step 1 Read this application guide carefully.
- Confirm your eligibility under “1. Eligibility for Application” in this section of the guide.
- Step 2 Prepare your application documents.
- Contact your prospective academic advisor and get permission from him/her to study under his/her supervision.
- Identify and contact your recommenders (individuals who will write recommendation letters for you).
- Applicants for the master’s program are required to submit official score of GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and official score of English test (TOEFL or IELTS). Request the official test scores from the organizations conducting the tests (such as Educational Testing Service (ETS) and/or the British Council.)
- Request your home university to send the Transcript Request Form (prescribed form), and original or certified true copy of your academic transcripts and certificate of graduation and awarded degree directly to the Keio University Admissions Office.
- Step 3 Complete the online application.
- Create your Applicant ID and fill out all the prescribed forms on the online application system.
- Step 4 Pay the application fee.
- Pay the application fee by credit card or bank transfer.
- Step 5 Send required documents to the Admissions Office by post.
- Send the required application documents by trackable express mail service. You will be able to confirm that we have received your documents by checking your “My Page” on the online application website. The Admissions Office cannot confirm the arrival of the documents by any other method.
- Applications are accepted only if applicants complete document submission online and the application documents sent by post are received by the Admissions Office by the deadline.
- The application must be submitted along with the application fee . Your application will not be accepted until the fee is paid.
- Application documents sent by post cannot be returned to the applicant.
Note that all times and dates are written in Japan Standard Time. Also note that all application documents must be submitted by post and arrive at the Admissions Office by the stated deadlines. We do not accept late submissions or documents submitted in person.
- Online application period : 26 November 2020
- Period for submitting application documents by post : 02 December 2020