Nominations are open for the Diana Prize 2021 for Outstanding Young Leaders. The Diana Award is given out in Diana, Princess of Wales’ name to young role models from across the world who are selflessly transforming the lives of others. They are looking to recognise young people going above and beyond in their daily lives to create and sustain positive change.
This is the longest running award for young people that is given to individuals and groups through a retrospective nomination process only. They believe this is special. Young people do not work towards the award, rather they demonstrate their suitability through their actions, without any expectation of reward.
- UK BASED
- Successful UK based nominees will be invited to attend an Award Ceremony near their local area, where their achievement will be celebrated alongside their peers.
- Successful international nominees will be celebrated virtually on our International Ceremony Day which takes place on International #YouthDay on 12th August 2020.
- THE LEGACY AWARD
- Both UK based and international recipients of The Diana Award are also eligible for The Legacy Award, which takes place on a biennial basis. The next Legacy Award ceremony will take place in 2021.
- Nominees must be aged between 9 and 25;
- Have been carrying out their activities for a minimum of 12 months;
- Nominees can be an individual or in a group of young people.
- Nominators must know the young person in a professional capacity and be able to demonstrate the nominee’s impact in five key areas:
- Vision: Demonstrates commitment and passion to the cause, evidenced through their service to that cause and through social action
- Social Impact: Creates positive social change that is of benefit to the wider community
- Youth Led: Demonstrates how the young person(s) has led, owned and shaped the activities they are nominating them for
- Service Journey: Evidence of transformation throughout the nominee’s service journey, including attitude, skills gained and challenges overcome
- Inspiring others: Demonstrates that, through the nominee’s positive attitude and passionate approach to life, they are a role model to others
Each Diana Award Nomination will be reviewed by a regional judging panel, comprising of young people, experts in the youth sector, business and educational professionals. They will be looking for young people who demonstrate the qualities Princess Diana governed her life by; compassion, kindness and service with strong evidence provided.
How to Apply:
Please visit HERE for Applying
12 March 2021