The 15th ASEF Classroom Network Conference (#ASEFClassNet15) will take place from 25-29 November 2019 in Tokyo, Japan, a country that is globally recognised as a leading hub for the invention of AI based technologies and research.
The conference will be organised in collaboration with Sophia University, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology – Japan, with support from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and The Open University.
15th ASEF Classroom Network Conference will focus on the theme, “Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and AI: The Role and Readiness of Teachers” and will address 3 key questions:
- What roles do teachers need to play in classrooms to transform teaching and learning practices for ESD in the AI era?
- What level of knowledge on ESD and AI do teachers need to develop appropriate pedagogies?
- What kind of capacity building and partnership support do teachers need to integrate ESD meaningfully in the school curriculum and to enhance their readiness for the AI era?
ASEF ClassNet15 will promote a deeper discussion on ESD and provide a brief introduction on emerging AI technologies in education. The conference will facilitate a robust action-oriented dialogue on ESD, AI, and the role and readiness of teachers by providing a multi stakeholder platform for secondary/high schools and vocational school teachers, researchers, policy makers and EdTech leaders to:
- Raise awareness and build knowledge on the topic “Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and AI: The Role and Readiness of Teachers” as an integrative element in teaching and learning in secondary, high, and vocational school education, through case-studies and practical tools
- Encourage schools to join an active Asia-Europe network and to initiate collaboration and support for creating holistic and timely relevant future learning environments
- Gather feedback from teachers to suggest policy recommendations to education policy makers and governments to integrate ESD into curricula with the help of AI tools.
Want to Know More?
How to Apply:
- There is no participation fee.
- The organisers will cover accommodation (4 nights) and meals (breakfast and lunch) for the duration of the conference as indicated in the programme,
- plus a travel subsidy from your country of residence and to the starting point and back.
- Citizen of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries (Include Indonesia)
- A secondary, vocational or high school teacher or educator
- Individuals with a proficient command of English (verbal and written)
- Keen interest in developing knowledge in Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and/or Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Education
Want to Know More?
- For more heads-up on ASEF ClassNet15 check the website
- Burning questions? Rollover to the Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
- Still curious? Get in touch with the team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org This form has been designed to be as accessible as possible. In case you experience any difficulties filling it in, please get in touch with us.
How to Apply:
Please visit HERE for applying
31 August 2019