Advancing Long-term Leadership Initiative (ALLI): Indo-Pacific Summit aims to bring together youth from the Indo-Pacific region to learn new skills and collaborate on common issues facing their countries for a two day Summit in Tokyo, Japan to take place on Friday, December 13th and Saturday, December 14th, 2019.
Round-trip travel to Tokyo, and lodging in Tokyo during the Summit is paid for by grant funds from the U.S. Embassy Tokyo.
- Citizen of:
- Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United States, or Vietnam
- You are:
- 1. Currently enrolled in a post-secondary education institution.
- 2. Within a year from having graduated from a post-secondary education institution.
- 3. Currently employed full-time.
- 4. Participating in a fellowship or internship.
- Proficient in English
- Summit activities will be conducted in English.
- 20-27 years old At the time of the Summit
- Alumni of a U.S. Department of State-sponsored exchange program
- Southeast Asian applicants must be YSEALI alumni, Japanese applicants must be TOMODACHI program alumni (Please note only domestic travel within Japan will be covered for Japanese participants.), U.S. applicants must be alumni of either TOMODACHI or another State Department sponsored exchange program
How to Apply:
- 1. Prepare electronic versions of the following items; you will upload them at the end of this application:
- - Current C.V. (Limit 2 pages)
- - PASSPORT: Accepted participants must have a passport valid through 1 June 2020 at the time of the Summit. A copy of the biographic page (page with picture, legal name, birth information) can be uploaded with the online application.
- 2. Complete this form including the four essay questions
3. Upload the documents
** Please note that once started this application cannot be saved. Have all required documents ready to upload. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
14 October 2019