The SI Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
The programme is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders. Usually 4-6% of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship.
- SI fully covers your tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending. This is paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
- You will receive a regular payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship. This payment is given monthly throughout the scholarship period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and to further develop yourself professionally. The local networks exist worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe the scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkey or Ukraine. The scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 10,000 for the entire study period.
This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- To be eligible for SISGP, you must have had at least 3,000 hours’ work experience
- Applicants must be from an eligible country*
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by the April 9, 2021.
*Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply to SISGP:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Turkey; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Note! Documents for the next call (2021/2022) will be made available here in December 2020/January 2021.
You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application. We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You must complete your application in English. Use our forms and templates provided below and complete them according to the instructions both below and in the forms, or else your applications will be disqualified. Kindly note the length limitation for your answers and the documents.
A complete application consists of:
- Motivation letter
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport
Note: Your application will be disqualified if any of the required documents above is missing.
How to Apply:
- 1. Applying for a master's programme : Date: 16 Oct 2020 - 15 Jan 2021
- 2. Apply for a Global Professionals scholarship : Date: 8 Feb 2021 - 18 Feb 2021
- 3. Notifications from University Admissions : Date: 9 Apr 2021
- 4 . Announcement of SI scholarship recipients : Date: 28 Apr 2021
- 1. Applying for a master's programme
- Apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes at at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2021.
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to Global Professionals. Your application will be disqualified if you type in the wrong number in the online application form.
- Submit your receipt of the application fee and the supporting documents required by University Admissionsbefore the deadline on 1 February 2021. The fee is non-refundable.
- Note: If you missed the deadlines or failed to follow the application procedure at University Admissions, you will not be eligible for a Global Professionals scholarship.
- 2. Apply for a Global Professionals scholarship
- After you have completed your application to a master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship. See more information about the required documents and forms.
- Submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal. The portal is open from 8 to 18 February 2021. Access will be available on this page below during the application period.
- Note: Due to the high volume of applications, the online application portal may be under heavy pressure at the end of the application period. We strongly urge all applicants not to wait until the last days to apply. No admission past deadline is accepted as the portal will be closed.
15 January 2021