The Queen Mary Global Excellence Scholarships are for undergraduates entering with A*AA (or international equivalent) in the Faculty of Science and Engineering. This is intended to attract the most talented students from around the world to study with us. These are for those who pay overseas fees. There are other awards available for Home/EU students.
- This scholarship is worth £2,000 for your first year of study only. The scholarship will be deducted directly from tuition fees payable to the university for the first year of your studies.
To be eligible to receive the scholarship students must have achieved overseas equivalents of grades A*AA at A-Level (in the subjects specified in the offer). For equivalent grades please refer to the spreadsheet below:
If the High School qualification you are taking does not appear here, you may still be eligible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your UCAS ID, course and full name with the query. We will confirm if your qualification is eligible. The scholarships will only be confirmed with students once we have received their final High School results.
- You must have achieved grades of
- Overseas equivalent of A*AA at A-Level
- You must be paying full tuition fees (i.e. not in receipt of another scholarship).
- You must be enroling in year 1 (i.e. transfers into year 2 or advanced entry are not eligible).
- This scheme is available only to students who apply for and enrol on a course led by the Faculty of Science and Engineering in the 2020/21 academic year. Joint course eligibility is clarified at the bottom of this page.
- This is a one-off payment in your first year. You must be able to finance the remainder of your tuition fees and living expenses.
- If you are currently following the Queen Mary International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (ISEFP) you will be considered for the scholarship if you achieve over 80% in your foundation year.
- Students undertaking the Science and Engineering Foundation programme are not eligible for the Global Excellence Scholarship either in their foundation year or upon progression to Year 1. Students taking non-Queen Mary Foundation Programmes should contact the admissions office to discuss eligibility.
- You must select Queen Mary as your firm choice. Those who enter via clearing or after naming Queen Mary as insurance choice are not eligible for this award.
How to Apply:
- There is no need to complete a separate application form to be considered for the Queen Mary Global Excellence Scholarship.
- Students will be considered for an award on the basis of the information they provide in their UCAS or online application to Queen Mary.
- Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification from the Science and Engineering Faculty Office.
- To receive this scholarship, you must confirm Queen Mary as your firm choice via UCAS. Those entering via clearing or, those who selected us as an insurance choice will not be eligible.