#MyLittleBigThing, is a competition challenging University, Polytechnics & Technical Vocational Educational Training students across Africa to develop innovative ideas that are commercially viable that will contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals. This year, they will be considering entries that fall into any one of the following SDGs:
- Clean Water and Sanitation (SDG 6)
- Affordable and Clean Energy (SDG 7)
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG 8)
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure (SDG 9)
- Reduced Inequality (SDG 10)
- Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11)
Entries include a 2 – 3 minute YouTube video as well as a 200-word essay describing the project idea. The idea should clearly describe the SDG (s) and, which of the targets, that it falls under. Judging will once again be moderated by PKF who will put together an expert jury panel to select the 15 best ideas. These finalists receive a FREE online two-day training by PKF and MK-Africa. The training will include business and presentation skills and idea incubation. After the 2 days, the 15 will go through community immersion where they test their ideas with their immediate communities for a period of 6 weeks. It is important that they have a mentor to guide them through this phase. However, it is not a prerequisite during the application process. Videos taken during this phase will be uploaded on our website www.mylittlebigthing.com for voting. The public will select the best 7 projects, which will progress to the final stage of the competition. The seven selected students will present their ideas during the finals event which will be online and the judges will select the best 3 projects.
Judges will consider the viability of the idea, adaptability, and originality.
- Top 3 finalists get scholarships to take the Cambridge University Sustainability essentials for business online course in October & business funding of 100,000Ksh, 75,000ksh and 50,000ksh respectively.
- All 7 finalists will receive mentorship through the leadership program for a period of one year.
- A 2-Day Free Business & Presentation Skills online training by PKF East Africa
- Free Access to the #MyLittleBigThing Online Learning Platform by Crew2030
- Candidates must be between 17 – 26 years of age
- Undergraduate University Students across Africa
- Students in Polytechnics
- Students in Technical Vocational Educational & Training Institutes (TVETS)
How to Apply:
To enter the 2020 Competition, please fill in the form HERE
30 June 2020