The A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) Scholarship is newly launched in November 2018 to attract top talents to pursue a PhD in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines.
ACIS Scholars will have invaluable opportunities to research on real-world issues across the whole spectrum of computing science, from deep learning for healthcare, data analytics for improved machine learning, to modelling and simulation for advanced applications.
The ACIS Scholarship provides a competitive stipend of up to S$5,000 monthly, on top of other allowances, and full tuition fees support for up to four years of PhD studies at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU).
In addition, ACIS Scholars can look forward to support for an overseas attachment of up to 12 months during your PhD. Scholars can also apply for the A*STAR International Fellowship (AIF) to further your research expertise and expand your global network at top overseas universities or research entities.
Pursue your passion in Computing and Information Science with the ACIS Scholarship and experience a suite of exciting career opportunities in A*STAR, industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and academia upon graduation.
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to four years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate^
- Monthly Sustenance Allowance Amount
- For Singapore Citizens S$5,000
- For Singapore Permanent Citizens^ S$4,000
- For Non-Singapore Citizens^ S$3,750
- Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Miscellaneous allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
- *All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time.
- ^Non-Singaporean scholars and Singapore Permanent Residents will receive the following with effect from the date of obtaining Singapore citizenship:
- (i) Monthly sustenance allowance at the rate applicable for Singapore citizens;
- (ii) Monthly CPF contribution.
- Post-doctoral Opportunity:
- ACIS scholars are eligible to apply for the A*STAR International Fellowship, which provides up to 2 years of funding support for post-doctoral training in a top overseas laboratory or institution.
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools:
- NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
- NUS School of Computing
- SMU School of Information Systems
- SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
How to Apply:
- To apply for the ACIS, please click HERE.
- Applicants should concurrently apply PhD admission to their intended university.
- Please note that the choice of PhD supervisor(s), project and university of successful candidates is subject to approval by A*STAR.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
Deadline:01 August 2020