The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located on the grounds that surround Queen's Park. It was founded by royal charter in 1827 as King's College, the first institution of higher learning in the colony of Upper Canada. Originally controlled by the Church of England, the university assumed the present name in 1850 upon becoming a secular institution. As a collegiate university, it comprises eleven colleges, which differ in character and history, each with substantial autonomy on financial and institutional affairs. It has two satellite campuses in Scarborough and Mississauga.
The new Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program is now available on offer at the University of Toronto in Canada. Students from around the world are eligible to apply to pursue the undergraduate program.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- an original and creative thinker committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2019
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2020 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the university’s English Language Requirement.
How to Apply:
To apply, you'll need to:
To apply, you'll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program which can be accessed within the main Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship webpage starting here.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2020 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we've received a nomination and you've applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application. Selection Procedure: On the basis of application/eligibility criteria, approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually. These scholarships are tenable only at the University of Toronto.
On Admission (07 November 2020)