The Exchange Student Program is for students from SNU’s partner universities who wish to study at SNU for one or two semesters and transfer credits to their home institution. Since the first student exchange agreement with the University of Tokyo in 1995, SNU has signed more than 240 student exchange agreements (university-wide) with institutions all around the world.
To be an exchange student, candidates must be officially nominated by their home institution and pay the tuition fee to their home institution (Scholarship Available), not to SNU. On-campus housing is provided and partial support for fees for taking Korean language courses will be offered. For more information on this program, visit the website of the SNU Office of International Affairs.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in at least second semester of the home university program (= have completed at least one semester before they apply) * We cannot thus accept graduate students who are enrolled in the first semester of the Master’s program at their application stage.
- Applicants must fulfill the following GPA requirement. (from Fall 2020’s admission)
- Undergraduate GPA 2.5/4.0 (equivalent to 2.7/4.3) or percentile rank 83
- Graduate GPA 3.0/4.0 (equivalent to 3.3/4.3) or percentile rank 89
- Fluent level of either English or Korean language proficiency is highly recommended, but no certification is required.
- TOEFL: IBT 88 OR ABOVE
- IELTS : 6.0 or above
- TEPS : 560 or above
- TOPIK : LEVEL 5 OR ABOVE
- All applicants for exchange/visiting program must choose one college and department as their affiliation and in general, applicants choose one that most suits their academic background or study abroad purpose. Students can, however, take other unrestricted courses from different colleges and departments.
- Applicants from SNU’s university-wide partners can in principle apply for any academic program. Please, however, note that applicants must read the restrictions on offcial link thoroughly and applicants may be required to change their choice if SNU finds it difficult to accommodate it.
- Applicants from SNU’s college/department-level parters must choose the specific college and department.
Undergraduate : https://en.snu.ac.kr/undergraduate-programs
Graduate : https://en.snu.ac.kr/academics/programs/graduate
How to Apply:
- Online Application (after nominated)
- Once officially nominated by home university, applicants will receive
detailed information on how to log in and file an application from the
designated SNU coordinator.
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty
- Official Academic Transcript
- Statement of Purpose (free essay in English or Korea)
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Letter of Recommendation from Academic Advisor (download|optional for undergraduate applicants, mandatory for graduate applicants)
- Portfolio: Photographs of works/Recording of performances
How to Apply:
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs in your home university
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will send your nomination to Seoul National University for host-university selection.
- THE FINAL decision from Seoul National University.
Nomination : 10 October 2020
Application :20 October 2020