The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is a non-profit, non-government international organization founded in 2018. Founding members include 37 scientific institutions, universities, and international organizations worldwide. ANSO aims to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods and wellbeing, and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication.
The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hereinafter referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) was formally launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivation of young scientists from all over the world. The ANSO Scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students every year to pursue postgraduate education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China.
Currently, CAS, the leading founding member of ANSO, is the sponsor of the ANSO Scholarship. ANSO welcomes all members and parties who are interested in creating a more diversified scholarship program together.
- Tuition waiver
- Monthly stipend:
- Master’s: 3000 RMB/month
- PhD: 6000 or 7000 RMB/month (depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by USTC/UCAS).
- Health insurance
- Application fee waiver
- Travel subsidy from their home countries to China (one trip per person)
Any scholarship awardee on site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy.
Awardees are required to finish centralized training in Chinese language, Chinese culture and all required credits as well as practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of USTC/UCAS or CAS institutes.
Eligible applicants must:
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Be proficient in English or Chinese;
- For master’s program applicants: be born after 1 January 1991 (inclusive);
- For PhD program applicants: be born after 1 January 1986 (inclusive);
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
- If you are currently pursuing a master’s degree at any university/institution in China, you are NOT eligible for the master’s program of this scholarship.
- If you are currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, you are NOT eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship.
- Otherwise you will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to your current university/institution.
- You are NOT allowed to apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS simultaneously, otherwise you will be disqualified from admission.
How to Apply:
- Visit ANSO official website for the ANSO Scholarship application portal：
- File and submit your application in the USTC/UCAS admission system as requested. Choose “the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents” in your application.
It is better that you prepare supporting documentation in advance, including but not limited to:
- 1) Copy of your regular passport which has at least 2 years validity;
- 2) Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
- 3) Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held
- For master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree certificate or official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
- For PhD program applicants: ①Bachelor’s degree certificate. ②Master’s degree certificate or official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
- 4) TWO reference letters:
Two referees (NOT the host supervisor) from academia familiar with you and your work should upload their scanned reference letters to the online admission system of USTC/UCAS.
Reference letters in the body of e-mails will NOT be accepted!
- 5) Detailed research proposal;
- 6) Photocopies of title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers (if available);
- 7) Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
- 8) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment)
- All the above supporting documentation must be in English or Chinese, otherwise notarial translations in English or Chinese are required.
- Make sure the electronic version of supporting documentation is in the right format as requested.
- If you are awarded the scholarship, you MUST present the required documents, including the original degree certificates, original transcripts AND original regular passport to the ANSO Scholarship office at USTC/UCAS upon your registration, otherwise you will be disqualified.
31 March 2021