This program enables students from six countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Russia) wishing to enroll in a master’s course (at specified graduate schools in the sciences) at designated universities in Japan to secure scholarships before their arrival in Japan. It aims to cultivate individuals capable of leading Asia in the twenty first century and to contribute to the development of Asia and the world as well as to mutual understanding between these countries and Japan.
- The applicant must be a citizen of Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam or Russia.
- The applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate with an excellent academic record (with 16 years of education completed or expected to be completed) and must receive the recommendation of his/her university president or academic advisor or be otherwise qualified to enroll in the University.
- The applicant must be under the age of 35 on April 1, 2022.
- In principle, the applicant must be able to obtain approval of acceptance as either a postgraduate international research student (hereinafter “Research Student”) or a graduate school student (master’s course) (hereinafter “Master’s Course Student”) from the University and be registered as a Research Student or a Master’s Course Student for April 2022 or October 2022.
- The applicant must acquire adequate Japanese language proficiency that is required in order to research and study in a master’s course, when enrolling as a Master’s Course Student.
- The applicant must file an application and attend selection procedures in the country eligible for this program.
- The applicant must be in good physical and mental health and have a strong motivation for learning.
- The applicant must not be receiving other scholarships.
- Research Student at graduate school: ¥150,000/month (for 1 year).
- Master’s Course Student at graduate school: ¥180,000/month (for 2 years).
- Examination, admission and tuition fees: covered in full.
- Airfare to Japan: provide a one--way air ticket from one of the 6 countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam or Russia) to Japan (economy class flight ticket, in principle).
- 4. Number of students to be accepted
- One student from each of the 6 countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Russia).
Period of Scholarships
Scholarships will be provided for max. 3 years: 1 year studying as a Research Student, and 2 years as a Master’s Course Student. The scholarship will be suspended when the scholarship recipient (who enters as a Research Student) fails to pass the entrance exam for a master’s course within a year after arriving in Japan.
For Waseda University, in principle, scholarships will be provided for 2 years studying as a Master’s Course Student.
- Application form and study program (specified form);
- Transcript of scholastic record issued by the university or graduate school attended (or certified true copy transcript from the university, if the university does not issue copies of transcripts);
- A letter of recommendation from academic advisor (specified form);
- Photocopied documents proving Japanese proficiency of the applicant (such as results of JPLT, EJU and other tests provided by Japanese training institutions) when required by the University;
- TOEFL and GRE scores when required by the graduate school which the applicant wishes to enroll.
Download all the required forms and appendices for the application of Ajinomoto Postgraduate Scholarship 2022 below:
- 2022 Appendix 1
- 2022 Appendix 2
- 2022 Application Form
- 2022 Recommendation Form
- 2022 Application Guidelines
- 2022 Field of Study and Study Program
- 2022 Selection Scheme
How to Apply:
Please submitted those document in hard copy to:
Public Relation Department. (UP Jihad Dwidyasa)
Jln. Laksada Yos Sudorno 77-78, Sunter Jakarta 14350
2. For Malaysia
Lot 5710, Jalan Kuchai lama,
Petaling, 58200 Kuala Lumpur
3. For Philippines
AJINOMOTO SCHOLARSHIP SECRETARIAT
Public Relations Department
Ajinomoto Philippines Corporation
Unit 1100, 11th Floor, V Corporate Centre
125 L.P. Leviste Street, Salcedo Village
Makati City, Philippines
Ms. Nguyen Huynh Minh Trang
Public Relations Department
Phone: 028 3930 1929 - Ext: 408
Note: Sorry, we still dont get the information for Thailad and Rusia. We will inform you guys if we found the address for other countries
The nominated applicants who pass the 2nd screening must submit all the necessary documents designated by the graduate schools or Universities they wish to enroll within the application period (refer to Appendix 2). The nominated applicants to enroll in October should pay attention to the application period and the date of issuance of the letter of acceptance, because they differ from those for the April enrollment. Please contact the graduate school you wish enroll for details.
Early March, 2021 (Varies Each Countries)