Van Deventer-Maas Stichting is a private foundation with a supportive mission education of the Indonesian people. The foundation was founded in 1947, based on the agreement and wishes of Mother Elizabeth Maas, wife of Mr. Coen van Deventer. In 1979 Van Deventer-Maas Stichting joined the Tjandi Foundation (founded in 1913) and Van Deventer Stichting (founded in 1917), with adapted the Kartini Foundation, which was founded in 1913.
On September 12, 2017, the VDMS representative office in Indonesia was officially became the Indonesian Van Deventer-Maas Foundation (YVDMI) whose pengeoloaan fully entrusted to Indonesia. Coen van Deventer, who cares about the imbalance of economic relations between The Netherlands and Indonesia, are very focused on helping education in Indonesia with provide funds in the form of scholarships and character development programs.
The couple was not blessed with children, therefore, they decided to donate their wealth (as charity) to develop potential Indonesian society. One form of assistance provided is in the form scholarships for young, talented, high achievers, and from families economically incapable.
- IDR 650.000,- will be paid directly to the grantees’ bank account every month on the same date (not applicable due to Saturday/Sunday and Public Holiday)
- One time TOEFL Bonus (if any) and on time Graduation (exam) Bonus
- Free to join Capacity Building (to be selected), which held by Van Deventer-Maas Indonesia
- 1st – 3rd year students of S1 and 1st – 2nd year students of D3
- Age not more than 27
- Financially deprived (stated in SKTM and/or Recommendation Letter of financial condition issued by the University)
- IPK ≥ 3.00
- Disciplines: Accounting, Agriculture, Fishery, Animal Husbandry, Architecture, Arts and Cultures, Arts and Design, Biology, Chemistry, Communication, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Financial Management, Forestry, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Health/Medicine, History, Technology/ICT, Management, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Technic/Technology
- Active in organization and/or social-community
- Proficient in English will be an advantage
- Do not receive any other scholarship
Requirements Document :
- Surat Keterangan Tidak Mampu (SKTM) from Kelurahan or Recommendation letter which stating your family’s economy condition from the School/University (Rector/Dean/Head of Study Program Department).
- The latest academic transcript / IPK (≥ 3.00)
- Parents’/guardian official income statement (for Institution/Private officers) at least the last 2 months.
- Parents’/guardian statement of work & income (for Entrepreneur) signed and sealed with meterai6.000, and legalized by Kelurahan.
- Copies of ID (KTM and KTP).
- Copy of Family Card (KK)
- Copy of Bank Account (the front page of your own bank book) - Only for Selected students
- Electricity bill (at least the last 2 months bill)
- An essay about yourself (include family, study and social activities), why VDMS have to choose you to be one of the grantees; what is the advantage for you if you were chosen as grantee; and what will you do for the society after you received the scholarship. (Minimum 1,5 pages of A4, Font: Times New Roman, font size 11, and 1spacing).
The University will send the documents to the office of Yayasan van Deventer-Maas Indonesia in Yogyakarta to be selected, comply with the above requirements. An agreement will be signed between you and the University on behalf of Yayasan van Deventer-Maas Indonesia upon approval.
How to Apply:
10 March 2021
(Open Registration since February 10 up to March 10, 2021)