The theme this year is: Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability: Preparing for Transition.
Technology and Innovation has already brought great change to the job marketplace leading to a disruption of the skills that are needed. Not only is this happening now, but it is happening rapidly, and it is continuing to evolve on a near daily basis with the introduction of robotic automation, technical innovations and digitalization set to cost millions of jobs worldwide. The International Youth Summer School in Iceland will help to prepare youth for the future possible changes. We will learn and analyze the most influential trends of the development in different areas of the worldwide society and what the future map of skills, education and training for sustainable future global development will be. We will study how to avoid becoming an obsolete figure in an ever-developing world and explore new ways to ensure the role of youth as working professionals remains sustainable.
Don’t miss the opportunity to spend an exciting week in the capital city of Iceland.
This Summer School is organized in partnership with the University of Iceland and City of Reykjavik. It will gather together nearly 90 young participants, experts and trainers from all over the world with the aim of discussing ideas and solutions to some of the most prevalent youth issues. The application call will close on May 30th 2020.
- Young people 18-35 from around the world;
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking);
- Master’s/PhD students, social entrepreneurs, young professionals, persons working at/with startup incubators and/or accelerators;
- Workers with youth, young professionals who work in education sphere;
- Show proven evidence of interests in Future Skills, workplace sustainability and participation of the international youth community, and/or involvements in related fields;
- Preferred backgrounds to include social and business enterprises, startups, non-profits, social activists, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and students.
What can I expect from the event?
- Participate in educational and interactive talks and become inspired through workshops conducted by esteemed honorable guests.
- Gain valuable new skills, knowledge and experiences that will serve as a solid foundation for your future entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Have a fruitful working and immersing experience in the beautiful city of Reykjavik and Icelandic culture.
- Have a unique opportunity to meet with like-minded people from across the globe.
- Network with renowned professionals in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, finance, science and technology.
- Take part in a fantastic cultural exchange program which includes trips to see some of Reykjavik’s most iconic attractions and Icelandic outstanding nature.
- The program, food, and twin room shared accommodation in a student hostel are partially covered by Youth Time International Movement. Please take into consideration that travel costs are at your own expense.
- Join each other in celebration at our welcome reception and farewell party.
What does Youth Time expect from you?
- Take part in all components of the program and practice punctuality.
- After invitation pay a non-refundable administration fee of 200€ (with accommodation) of 150€ (without accommodation). Only after payment is your participation guaranteed. See below for more information on participation options.
- Follow Youth Time’s Code of Conduct (see below).
What do I have to pay?
The complete program is covered by Youth Time International Movement and partners, but please take into consideration that travel costs and visa come at your own expense. Hostel accommodation is fully sponsored by Youth Time International Movement and partners. Below you will find more details on the administration fees.
Subsidiary Basic Participation
- Administration fee 200€ including: twin room shared accommodation in a student hostel (shared bathroom), attendance of welcome reception and farewell party, tea breaks and meals, cultural activities including a day trip to see some of the Icelandic natural wonders, educational program, participants kit.
- With no accommodation the administration fee is 150€ including: attendance of welcome reception and farewell party, tea breaks and meals, cultural activities including a day trip to see some of the Icelandic natural wonders, educational program, participants kit.
- Payment details will be provided to the selected participants in the official invitation.
- Only after payment will your participation be guaranteed, payment to be made after received the confirmation of selection letter.
As an NGO we will be glad to receive any kind of sponsorship. If you wish to support Youth Time International Movement, you can choose the non-subsidiary option which covers 100% costs of participation. Administration fee is 1000€ which will include: accommodation in a single room in 3* hotel, attendance of welcome reception and farewell party, tea breaks and meals, cultural activities, educational program, participants kit.
Participants Code of Conduct
- Respect the culture and tradition of the hosting nation and organization. Avoid insulting people by bringing up sensitive topics and refrain from political statements for the harmony of the event.
- Refrain from showing discord and causing disorder based on religious, sexual or national identity, political point of views, or social status differences.
- Participate in ALL activities organized during the event, except for the parts that are marked as optional. The program of the event is designed is such a way that you will have free time for relaxing, shopping, sightseeing etc. We’re kindly asking participants to maintain a working frame of mind.
- Maintain a proactive attitude as well as punctuality. This especially in regard to all transfers. Departure times are fixed and will not be altered for individual preferences. Organizers are not responsible for any other transport arrangements as well as any costs involved.
- Dress code is casual/smart casual and cocktail dress/smart suit for welcome reception and farewell party. No short trousers and flip-flops are allowed while working at the event. Keep in mind that the Icelandic weather is changing, and you can experience 4 seasons in one day. Bring warm clothes, rain jacket and waterproof walking shoes!
Participants that do not follow the code of conduct, will be immediately removed from the event and will be hold accountable for 100% of the costs made by the organizers.
How to apply:
- Fill out the Participant Application form entirely.
- Submit your up-to-date CV
- Make a one-minute video answering the following questions:
- What is your motivation for applying for the Future Skills International Youth Summer School?
- How do you see the possible involvement of the young people of the development Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability?
- How do you plan to use the knowledge and skills gained during the Summer School?
Please complete all information requested on the application, incomplete applications may not be processed.
30 May 2020