The Ministry of Communication and Information, through the Human Resources Research and Development Agency, re-opened the Domestic and Foreign Masters Scholarship Program in 2021.
This program is a manifestation of the Ministry of Communication and Informatics' commitment to developing the capacity of human resources, especially in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). This scholarship program is open to central and regional government officials including the TNI and POLRI as well as the general public from private agencies.
As a form of policy during the COVID-19 pandemic, the learning method for the Domestic Masters Scholarship Program follows the government policy. Meanwhile, the departure of the scholarship recipients of the Masters Scholarship Program Abroad will consider the conditions of the pandemic development, government policies and universities in the study destination country and the learning methods to be used.
In the event that the policy of higher education institutions and the country of study destination uses the distance learning method or applies online learning, the scholarship recipient will take part in the learning process in their respective domicile cities or according to the applicable regulations.
1. Domestic Masters Scholarship Program
General Requirements for Domestic Masters Scholarship Program:
- Minimum work period of 2 years;
- Do not have a Masters degree and are not currently participating in a S2 education program from another institution;
- Other requirements follow the requirements of each selected university; and
- Scholarship applicants are only allowed to register for the regular class.
Special Requirements for Civil Servants (PNS):
Special Requirements for the General Public:
- Civil Servants (PNS) in Central and Regional government agencies, TNI / POLRI with active status;
- Minimum work period of 2 years (starting from becoming a CPNS for applicants from PNS);
- Maximum age 37 years old at the time of registration;
- For civil servants in 3T areas (Disadvantaged, Frontier, and Outermost), maximum age is 42 years at the time of registration. The list of 3T regions refers to the Presidential Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia Number 63 of 2020 concerning the Designation of Underdeveloped Areas of 2020 - 2024 dated 27 April 2020 and Presidential Decree of the Republic of Indonesia Number 6 of 2017 concerning the Stipulation of Outermost Small Islands dated 2 March 2017;
- Obtain permission and recommendation from the competent authority (at least from the head of an institution at Echelon II level) in the relevant agency to undergo education;
- Minimum GPA standard requirements of 3.00 for the field of communication and Leadership and Policy Innovation and a minimum of 2.90 for the field of informatics;
- Not intended for civil servants with functional teaching positions in education sector agencies; and
- The special requirements that must be met to participate in the Communication Science Masters Scholarship Program are their duties and functions related to government information and public relations services and the special requirements that must be met to take part in the Informatics Scholarship Program, are their duties and functions related to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) governance. / Information Security and the special requirements that must be met to take part in the Masters Scholarship Program in Leadership and Policy Innovation are their duties and functions related to policy making in the concerned institution.
Special Requirements for the General Public:
- Indonesian Citizen (WNI);
- The maximum age of the applicant is 33 at the time of registration;
- Work background in the Information and Communication Technology sector and local startups;
- Cooking guaranteed minimum 2 years;
- Obtain permission from the authorized leader to undergo education;
- Include a letter of recommendation or recommendation letter from a leader, lecturer or other credible figure;
- Minimum GPA standard requirements of 3.00 for the field of communication and Leadership and Policy Innovation and a minimum of 2.90 for the field of informatics; and
- Other requirements follow the requirements of each selected university.
Please download the Guideline HERE for applying
2. Overseas Masters Scholarship Program
The Ministry of Communication and Informatics' Masters Scholarship for Foreign Affairs for the Year 2021 is re-opened for ASN / TNI / POLRI Members and the general public who are interested in continuing their Masters studies in the field of study related to Information and Communication Technology . Applicants can register with 5 (five) choice of study destination countries, namely China, India, Hungary, Netherlands and Japan with a list of universities attached.
Applications for the Masters Scholarship Program Abroad are open from January 28, 2021 with the deadline for registration:
- February 28, 2021, for the Kominfo-StuNed scholarship scheme and scholarships to the country of study destination China (Tsinghua University); and
- 19 March 2021, for scholarships to other study destination countries.
Prospective applicants must pay attention to the deadline for registration to the Ministry of Communication and Information and the intended university.
How to Apply:
Please download the Guideline HERE;
Download all the required document HERE
All registration files can be sent in one pdf document in the format of the document name Beasiswa_Kominfo2021_(Full Name) to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .