The university has 10 faculties and enrolls about 30,000 students, 2,100 of whom are international students. Its five campuses are in Hongō, Komaba, Kashiwa, Shirokane and Nakano. It is among the top type of the select Japanese universities assigned additional funding under the MEXT's Top Global University Project to enhance Japan's global educational competitiveness.The university has graduated many notable alumni, including 17 Prime Ministers, 16 Nobel Prize laureates, 3 Pritzker Prize laureates, 3 astronauts, and 1 Fields Medalist.
Amount: 180,000 JPY/month
- a) Student enrolling in October: October 2020 to September 2022
- b) Student enrolling in April: April 2021 to March 2023
- Privately financed international students whose nationalities are Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, East Timor, or Vietnam in a Japanese Graduate school (Research students are not eligible).
- Those who will enroll in a Master’s course or a doctoral course in April 2019.
- Possess strong interests in improving international understanding and a strong will to participate in events hosted by the Foundation.
- Must not receive funding from other scholarship foundations under any circumstance.
- Possess ‘college student’ visa status.
- Does not have a parent employed in Japan.
- Must not have a PhD. degree.
- Those who have sufficient Japanese language skills to conduct their study or research.
- Those who are willing to participate exchange activities as alumni after the expiration of Sato Yo International scholarship.
How to Apply:
- download the Application Guidelines and application forms from the Foundation Website.
- email Application Form for Scholarship from private Foundations to ILO (ilo[at]edu.k.u-tokyo.ac.jo) by July 29th (Wed) , and obtain an Admin-No.
- make registration from the form at the Foundation website by July 31 (Fri).
- make PDF of all your application documents, and email them to ILO by August 3 (Mon) 16:00 pm. Recommendation letter must be emailed from your supervisor directly to ILO.
- (submit the original of application documents to ILO by the designated date.
Deadline:31 July 2020