The ASEAN Foundation and Peking University with the support of the People's Republic of China to ASEAN is pleased to present and organise the 2021 ASEAN-China Young Leaders' Summit. The summit target tertiary education students from across ASEAN and China to understand diplomacy as well as decision-making processes of ASEAN Member States in addressing regional issues through various high-level ASEAN meeting simulations. The summit will involve the simulation of the ASEAN+1 engagement which addresses the thematic focus of "Commemorating 30 years of ASEAN-China Dialogue Relations: Strengthening Strategic Partnerships for the Next Decade and Beyond.
- The Summit will be fully paid for by the organizers.
- Enables you to understand ASEAN diplomacy and how decision-makers of the ASEAN Member States address regional issues by involving in the authentic simulation exercises.
- An exciting and unforgettable lifetime experience with us and your peers from other ASEAN Member States and China!
- A network of young leaders from across the ASEAN region and China.
- Enrolled as a student of tertiary education institution taking diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate studies from any disciplines at education institutions in the ASEAN Member States and China when the programme takes place.
- Between 18 and 35 years of age.
- English proficient, verbal and written.
- Personal data
- Soft copy of full-face photo (please ensure your file is in JPG or JPEG and does not exceed 500 KBs)
- Please Provide Passport/ID that has your face (please ensure your file is in JPG or JPEG format and does not exceed 500 KBs)
- Letter of recommendation from respective department/faculty/university/education institution for each person (please ensure that your file is in PDF format and does not exceed 500 KBs). This is written in free format on letterheaded paper signed by an authorised official of your institution verifying: name, department, faculty, and the current semester you are at.
- List of five (5) most noteworthy personal achievements (please share not more than 5 achievements briefly and concisely, do not write a CV!)
- An individual essay of not more than 800 words (click HERE for list of questions)
- In addition to the above requirements, please submit a 1.5-minute
creative video introducing yourself, what drives you to participate in
the ASEAN-China Young Leaders’ Summit and your passion for developing
USEFUL TIP: Before completing the form, firstly put all your files (be mindful of the required specifications!) in one folder for easy access.
USEFUL TIP: If your video link is too long, please use Bitly (https:www.bitly.com/), a URL shortening service and link management platform conveniently available online to shorten it. Please do not infringe other parties’ copyrights relating to your video!
How to Apply:
For ASEAN Students, please register HERE and HERE for Chinese students
17 August 2021